• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB info on SWA at LGA crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most pilots eventually recognize that the weakest sticks are usually the ones that harp on the obvious and/or the minutiae.

Last edited:
Most pilots eventually recognize that the weakest sticks are usually the ones that harp on the obvious and/or the minutiae.

Exactly.... And often they end up in a management position, where they can foist their "techniques" on the rest of us as procedure.

Be interesting to see if Gary pays her to go away (as was Herb 's solution in the past for chronic weak/problem pilots)

A similar accident happened at the Gibraltar International Airport. On 22 May 2002, a Monarch Boeing 757-200 (Registration G-MONC) suffered structural damage to the forward fuselage in the area of the nose landing gear during landing at Gibraltar while operating a flight from Luton. The captain had used an incorrect landing technique, applying full nose-down elevator. This control input resulted in a high pitch-down rate at nose-wheel touchdown, exceeding the design limits, before the aircraft's nose-wheel had touched the ground. There were no injuries

Where's the best pilot?

If you have a 1-5 scale on Stick and Rudder and 1-5 scale on SOP, where is the best spot?

1 on SOP and 5 on stick and rudder? I flew with a bunch of guys like that in Alaska. Fun, but uncomfortable sometimes.

I flew in Asia with a bunch of guys who would be 1 on Stick and Rudder and 5 on SOP, not fun.

I'd rather work with a decent stick who tries to follow SOPs. Not greaser on every landing, and can't quote page by page from the manuals, but knows the big stuff.

Don't set up a false dichotomy in thinking that we can't try to be good at both.

The best pilot is the one with the big watch.....right Ty?

Testing 1. 2. 3. 4. ......

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back