NTSB and voice recorders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Muppets

How much of the actual CVR does the NTSB actually release to the public? For instance....what if im discussing the wild stripper/prostitute in Mexico with my FO and suddenly the wing falls off! Will my whole family have that conversation as my going away present?

I think about that all the time after a few lively minutes of cutting up in cruise/climb/descent/takeoff roll/approach/landing.

I always thought it would be funny if just before you ditched in the ocean...If you blurted out..Geeeeze look at the size of those tenticles on that octopus.... imagine the looks on the faces of everyone in the room listening to that....Did he say......

V1

So that is my question....is that stuff released to the family...I say some messed up stuff at work.

I flew with a guy that would lean into the CVR before every engine start checklist and say "You and I both know that this aircraft is unairworthy and unsafe, but (enter your chief pilots name here) said he would fire us of we refused to fly it today, Before start checklist please"

I think i will start doing that..even though I like our chief pilot. Im of the contention the NTSB takes out what they think is not worthy of the public knowing or is not a reason for the crash. I.E. ....hookers in Mexico.

Latest resources

Back