• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA forum down...AGAIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An email explaining why the forum was taken down would be nice. I can't support ALPA because of my lousy past with them. But I have to be honest, the NPA is really making it hard for me to not vote for ALPA when that time comes.

Yep. AND the bids still aren't out. And it closed on a weekday, so there goes the 'weekend' theory. Just keeps gettin' better.

Oh well, back to makin' tricycle motors...

Yep. AND the bids still aren't out. And it closed on a weekday, so there goes the 'weekend' theory. Just keeps gettin' better.

Oh well, back to makin' tricycle motors...

The union took a hard line on the timeline with regards to the recall/vacancy/displacement stuff. As a result, the company is strictly interpreting all the timelines in the contract. Stop looking, the bids won"t be out until the 19th, just before 1800.

The forum has been closed due to inappropriate activity and will remain closed pending legal review from outside counsel, James and Hoffman. Please be patient and we will keep you apprised. The forum should be back up, shortly.

this is what the forum says now.

ALPA is going to fix all of Airtran's problems by June 1st, didn't you get the memo? I think most of us are smarter than that. We are just looking for a little more experience, stronger legal department, and a little more structure for our union. These are 3 things ALPA can bring to the table for the same $3 million/year we are generating for the NPA right now.

If it don't work, we can always go independent again in the future just like Fedex did back in 1996. It is what it is, no use fighting against it with the emotional arguments I have been hearing. It will take work for this pilot group whether the initials on the door are NPA or ALPA.

Last edited:
Does anybody know just what the topic was that got it shut down?

And why is our leadership always so vague? Every time something happens, they never want to tell us what's going on.

UAL ALPA forum has been down for months. There is no silverlining with ALPA you are kidding yourselves.

The UAL ALPA forum was shut down after a judge issued an injunction against the Association. The NPA just shuts down the forum whenever somebody looks at them weird. Seems to be a weekly occurrence now.

Latest resources

Back