NPA and ALPA move closer to merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA wants your money!

Lear I agree, nothing is going to change until the pilots come to agree to change how the airline is running from day to day.

The resources of ALPA= ASA over 6 years for contract, //MESA contract worst ever in history, //Pinnancle=what 5-7 years now? How are things at Comair?//Trans states?//CAL PBS??//DCI carriers going to welcome DL furloughs to captain positions if furloughed.//Oh Midwest guys how ALPA help with the Republic flying?

So it does not look like the guys that have ALPA are very happy these days= but they have great resources !

Guys call your friends at these airlines and ask them how they feel about ALPA! Get informed!!

//Pinnancle=what 5-7 years now?

So it does not look like the guys that have ALPA are very happy these days= but they have great resources !

Guys call your friends at these airlines and ask them how they feel about ALPA! Get informed!!
I have. I was AT Pinnacle prior to AirTran, and still have many friends there.

They are VERY grateful they have ALPA, mainly because almost every single pilot the company has gone after in their hostile management campaign, ALPA has gotten their job back.

The company has violated the contract bad enough to petition the NMB for hearings (Colgan) and the company lost, again, thanks to ALPA.

We haven't been hearing those claims from the NPA very much, now have we? Pinnacle pilots know that the enemy is the Company, not ALPA.

Again, unless you can give me step-by-step, VERY specific instructions on how we can FIX the NPA, including how we're going to afford 2 or 3 VERY experienced litigators to fight the company, at $250,000+ a year EACH, without raising dues by a significant amount (hint, that's almost double our TOTAL yearly budget), PLUS have a $50 Million+ strike fund within a year (that would require each pilot to contribute a $31,250 assessment next year alone), PLUS force the BoD to fight the dirty and public fight that makes the company look bad enough to bring them to the table seriously ready to negotiate, then the only other logical choice is ALPA.

Not to mention, why is the NPA Board of Directors UNANIMOUSLY endorsing ALPA? Could it be that they know that ALPA and their legal resources and funds is the ONLY way we're going to get anywhere? These guys are line pilots, they're not in fear of losing their jobs, they get to go back to the line when they leave office. There's no incentive to "pull the wool" over anyone's eyes on a change of representation.

I don't want to hear reasons not to vote for ALPA. I want to hear reasons why the NPA is a BETTER CHOICE. I want to hear what we will get remaining with the NPA that's better than ALPA in a department-by-department comparison, and how we make the NPA into what we want, because we've been trying that for YEARS and we just get more of the same old thing.

Otherwise, you and others are just fear-mongering. Trying to get someone to vote out of fear for what is happening at other airlines that's management's fault, not the union's.

That's not a choice, that's emotional blackmail.

Make it simple: how is the NPA better, in each department, in each benefit, in each cost, and how are you going to make things moving forward any different than the last half-decade?

If you can't do that convincingly, then the choice is simple.

Have friends there too, not really loving ALPA anymore!

"They are VERY grateful they have ALPA, mainly because almost every single pilot the company has gone after in their hostile management campaign, ALPA has gotten their job back."

We all know most of the time those pilots need some help..that is why they get into those situations.

"The company has violated the contract bad enough to petition the NMB for hearings (Colgan) and the company lost, again, thanks to ALPA"

Yeah companies have violated the contract at DL,ASA,CAL,PCL,Comair,Midwest...18-24 months to get throught the grievance process at ASA and that is with good ol ALPA ? So that is going to be no different.

You can not say that ALPA has fought tooth and nail at Comair,Midwest..I know it is managment or the company. Nothing ALPA could do at those companies=so why do YOU THINK it will be any different here.

I will list pros and cons later...

YGTBSM. An 89 day strike with strike pay paid from the assessments of 60,000 ALPA pilots. Do you think the NPA can afford an 89 day strike.
Yep.

Gotta hate reality when you're fighting a losing battle...

ALPA is coming to AirTran, and I hope that CJ's "bag of nuts" that got left on that plane is shared around all those who need some so we can take FULL advantage of what ALPA has to offer.

;)

So it does not look like the guys that have ALPA are very happy these days= but they have great resources! quote]

man o man Scarlet...are you bitter or what?

To put it on the most basic level, let me just make this analogy:

If AT pilots are not happy with NPA at 2.10% dues and nothing to show for it...then compared to ALPA with 1.95% (and let's assume for the sake of arguement nothing to show for it)...then that equals a dues reduction with...nothing to show for it. Seems like a clean win for us.

Back to reality now--> We all know full well that with ALPA on board we will have vastly improved resources. You said it yourself.

So it looks like the absolute worst any of us could get out of this deal by voting in favor of ALPA is:

1. Vastly improved resources.
2. A dues reduction of .15%.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Do you still think otherwise?

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Do you still think otherwise?

Of course he does. He's nothing but a tool of management. He was at ASA, and he's continued the tradition here.

ASA - MESA - Pinnancle - Comair - Trans States - Cal PBS - DCI carriers - Airtran
Which one of these is not like the others?

ASA - MESA - Pinnancle - Comair - Trans States - Cal PBS - DCI carriers - Airtran
Which one of these is not like the others?
That would be AirTran since they are a MAJOR airline.

I don't see why some of you guys keep bringing up all these other non-major airlines. Let's make sure we compare apples to apples.

Latest resources

Back