Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On-line App?

Hello All,
I have a quick question concerning the on-line apps at SWA. How does on really know if you successfully submitted the app into the SWA computer? Did anyone get some type of E-mail notification after you submitted the app. In the past you could send airlines HR dept a self address stamped post card for receipt of your application. Like many pilots, I would like to have that warm fuzzy feeling that my app is in their system.

ByeUSAir said:
Hello All,
I have a quick question concerning the on-line apps at SWA. How does on really know if you successfully submitted the app into the SWA computer? Did anyone get some type of E-mail notification after you submitted the app. In the past you could send airlines HR dept a self address stamped post card for receipt of your application. Like many pilots, I would like to have that warm fuzzy feeling that my app is in their system.
You get to pick a user name and password. It creates a webpage that is your application. You can access it at your leisure to do updates. Having that access is my warm fuzzy that they have it...but a phone call for an interview would be better!

Unit

Resume Writer said:
Chase,
Weren't the projected numbers for this year originally around 400?
My advice? Polish your shoes and start preparing for your interviews now. I would be very surprised if they did not do some interviewing in December.
Kathy
Kathy,
Good advice...Here's the numbers I have. 348 folks have started class so far in 2004 with possible classes in Nov/Dec listed at the bottom. Looks like 408 or 412 should be a good number depending on the number in the Dec class. Congrats to those in the pool and to those who recently started.

Yahtz

Date -- # in Class
12-Jan-04 -- 20
1-Mar-04 -- 24
15-Mar-04 -- 24
29-Mar-04 -- 24
12-Apr-04 -- 24
26-Apr-04 -- 24
10-May-04 --24
24-May-04-- 24
7-Jun-04 -- 24
21-Jun-04 -- 24
6-Jul-04 -- 24
19-Jul-04 -- 24
2-Aug-04 -- 24
20-Sep-04 --20
4-Oct-04 -- 20
Total -- 348

Possible Class Dates
15-Nov-04 -- 20 **
29-Nov-04 -- 20 **
13-Dec-04 -- 24 **

**Unannounced as of 17 Oct 04

Just out of curiousity for Chase, Cheesemo or Yahtzee, (or anyone else with a guess): Do you guys know about how many of the big group of poolies never made to class by number or rough percentage? I was just wondering if maybe having lost a significant number of poolies over the past 3 years wouldn't endear SW to maintaining another large pool. It always seemed to me that the pool happened by accident, I'm sure they didn't plan on folks waiting around 2.5 years for a class date.

It seems like a small pool would be nice to have, but the 250-300 waiting for such a long time couldn't have been what they were planning on, and probably don't want to go through again.

Thanks.

FJ

FJ,

Not sure if this helps, but the final three members of your pool started class on 7 June. The remaining 21 folks in the 7 June class interviewed in March 04.

I don't know how many of the original poolies started at SWA, but I'm guessing you're correct in stating SWA doesn't want this type of situation again due to the angst it causes on both sides...particulary to the "poolies". It appears they like a pool about five or six classes deep. If I remember correctly your pool started out in the 360 range.

PM Heat...he was the last pool keeper before it was drained.

Yahtz

Latest resources

Back