• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all the pilots we will lose to the airlines, we should recall quite a few. Just not for a few months, I guess.

With all the pilots we will lose to the airlines, we should recall quite a few. Just not for a few months, I guess.

Our attrition will not change with the majors hiring. Fractional pilots fly small planes not very often. Major computer filters favors mil and 121 (larger tonnage airframes and several hundred hours / year).

My wife had a meet and greet with UA CP and was told her quals were ok but earlier that week they were interviewing ex Mil, SW FOs, and JB capts.

Besides, even if Delta / SW / UA / AA wanted frac pilots...what percentage would leave. Who would leave 90 grand to go back begin commuting and paying for some of their families health care? Most FOs I know have mortgages and kids in school.

Last edited:
Our attrition will not change with the majors hiring. Fractional pilots fly small planes not very often. Major computer filters favors mil and 121 (larger tonnage airframes and several hundred hours / year).

My wife had a meet and greet with UA CP and was told her quals were ok but earlier that week they were interviewing ex Mil, SW FOs, and JB capts.

Besides, even if Delta / SW / UA / AA wanted frac pilots...what percentage would leave. Who would leave 90 grand to go back begin commuting and paying for some of their families health care? Most FOs I know have mortgages and kids in school.

Who would leave?

Many.

Who would leave?

Many.

For those who want to leave (especially the junior), I completely understand. I am in my 30s and am trying to make up my mind too. Having said that, only "x" will apply, few will be chosen, and even fewer will actual leave.

Lets save this post and see where our seniority list is next year at this time. My prediction is that our attrition will not exceed 2% for the foreseeable future.

Are you kidding me??? Where do you think the majority of fractional pilots come from??

This entire slice of aviation is populated with ex-Military, heavy cargo and former airline pilots who found a safe-haven after the mass furloughs that hit 10 years ago...

The majority won't be applying to the majors because they already have seniority numbers with recall rights.

I'll give you half-credit for your take on the "quality of life" aspect. Most aren't planning to exercise their recall rights until the last possible moment to avoid the commuter/Reserve-line BS as long as they can....

Who would go. Every fo and any ca offered. In 3 years at ua I have 15k more a year then a 10 fo at Nja. Ca take 5 to 7 years and are at the same place. Change is a comming unless pay and retirement change for better at Nja people are going to look for the door

Latest resources

Back