• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's lovely that a few if you are thinking of the furloughed pilots. However, since we aren't even worth mentioning in a yearly recap, it's plain to see that the union leadership is not. And gun, you might not know anyone that agrees with the prevention of furloughed pilots communicating with active pilots on the message board, so let me help you out. Try the entire union leadership. When we can't even ask active pilots how things are going, that's a weak-dick move by what is laughably known as a "strong union".

I agree with the weak-dick characterization.

I only tried to show that imo there is little financial incentive for the pilots to sell you guys out. When I look at the top SIC pay compared to the bottom there is a $25K difference. Assuming on average the difference saved by selling out seniority would be a little less than that maximum ... say $20K...

If those monies were spread out over all the remaining active pilots it amounts to very little. Its not much savings for the company either.

I might be missing something but I really do not see much to fear in this regard ... thats even assuming I could be bought -- which I tell you I cannot be bought. I'd be very surprised and disappointed if many of my fellow pilots could be bought either....

I agree with the weak-dick characterization.

I only tried to show that imo there is little financial incentive for the pilots to sell you guys out. When I look at the top SIC pay compared to the bottom there is a $25K difference. Assuming on average the difference saved by selling out seniority would be a little less than that maximum ... say $20K...

If those monies were spread out over all the remaining active pilots it amounts to very little. Its not much savings for the company either.

I might be missing something but I really do not see much to fear in this regard ... thats even assuming I could be bought -- which I tell you I cannot be bought. I'd be very surprised and disappointed if many of my fellow pilots could be bought either....

Well said gunfyter! +1

Gunfyter, Hopalong & Pervis

As a furloughee, I do appreciate your optimism and support. Your opinions about recall before a new TA do give me some hope. But at the same time, we have felt pretty neglected by the union over these last 4 years, and I hope you understand our pessimism about how many there are at NJ that still really care.
I, like many of my fellow f-lows, have encountered active NJ pilot's that are oblivious to our existence, or who will say right to our face "you guys were never really Netjet pilots anyways"... (I'm not a violent guy, but I REALLY wanted to punch his lights out). My response was "gee, my paycheck and ID card said I was for almost two years". Then I just walked away.
I hope you and my active friends who definitely know my situation are the majority. I'm 53 and there's no airline job coming my way. My survey of the 6 f-lows that I personally know indicate a 50% return rate. For 3 of us, NJ is still a much better job than what we've got now.
I will do as you have encouraged us, to "hang in there". And I wish you and all of us a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Gunfyter, Hopalong & Pervis

As a furloughee, I do appreciate your optimism and support. Your opinions about recall before a new TA do give me some hope. But at the same time, we have felt pretty neglected by the union over these last 4 years, and I hope you understand our pessimism about how many there are at NJ that still really care.
I, like many of my fellow f-lows, have encountered active NJ pilot's that are oblivious to our existence, or who will say right to our face "you guys were never really Netjet pilots anyways"... (I'm not a violent guy, but I REALLY wanted to punch his lights out). My response was "gee, my paycheck and ID card said I was for almost two years". Then I just walked away.
I hope you and my active friends who definitely know my situation are the majority. I'm 53 and there's no airline job coming my way. My survey of the 6 f-lows that I personally know indicate a 50% return rate. For 3 of us, NJ is still a much better job than what we've got now.
I will do as you have encouraged us, to "hang in there". And I wish you and all of us a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

It is unfortunate that you ran across on of the "5 percenters" instead of one of the "95 percenters". Most NJ pilots I speak to about the furlough situation are sympathetic and understanding not heartless and mean spirited.

There is no justification for their behavior and they probably do not think strategically enough to realize that returned furloughees and eventual new hires on property means the Company is doing well, expanding, and therefore securing everyone's well being. It is best to just ignore the "5 percenters" and to move on. There are plenty of the rest of us out there happy to discuss the facts of situations to that you can make your own choices.

Sounds great. I'll start a thread on the union board where we can discuss specifics and......oooohhhhhhh......nevermind.

Latest resources

Back