• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not Paying Union Dues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My grandfather (very successful business owner, who started with literally nothing) always said that everyone is replaceable.

All it takes is 6 weeks of training to replace me.

Although with the hit Riddle took last week, it may get a bit tougher.

I guess that's where we're different...My grandfathter(also a very successful business owner) didn't believe in treating his employees like disposable commodities!!! He treated them like one of the family, and in turn they were loyal and the company prospered! Your grandfathers attitude of treating people as dispoable, shows in your "you can leave" instead of wanting to make the job a better place to be employed. Might want to try improving things for others instead of just killing time until you get enought experience to get on with your friends of the family corporate flying job!!

I do, I bend over backwards to help the company whenever they call.

I never had any doubt about you bending over for the company...I meant supporting your FELLOW PILOTS! Not the management; who, like your grandfather, consider you yesterdays expendable trash!!

You don't have to pay if you were there before the union came on property. If it was after, you are screwed. I feel your pain.

If this is really true I think I have just died and gone to heaven!! It's a win win situation. Worst case scenario the union comes on property and I don't have to join nor pay dues. Thats freakin sweet.

I never had any doubt about you bending over for the company...I meant supporting your FELLOW PILOTS! Not the management; who, like your grandfather, consider you yesterdays expendable trash!!

That's the point, everyone is expendable. And anyone who thinks they're not is sadly mistaken. Even Microsoft will roll right along when Bill Gates retires next year.

How hard is it to replace a CP? CEOs get changed out all the time at large corporations, and the sky doesn't fall.

If this is really true I think I have just died and gone to heaven!! It's a win win situation. Worst case scenario the union comes on property and I don't have to join nor pay dues. Thats freakin sweet.

Then when the union negitiates a better contract at your airline, I hope you'll gladly demur on accepting any increase in compensation/QOL.

!!

That's the point, everyone is expendable. And anyone who thinks they're not is sadly mistaken. Even Microsoft will roll right along when Bill Gates retires next year.

How hard is it to replace a CP? CEOs get changed out all the time at large corporations, and the sky doesn't fall.

No, the point is that companies don't have to treat their employees like disposables...Employers who treat their employees well are rewarded with loyal workers that will go out of their way to make things run well at that company!

Dummy

Yes it has happened. Were you planning on not paying your dues?

Only spineless, backstabbing, punk*ss, b*tchs try to weasel their way out of paying their share for the very association that provides for them.

If I was there before the useless union, which you were not!!! I don't have to pay sh$T. I did not, and was glad about it. ALPO sucks and so do you.

Latest resources

Back