• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a320drivr

Mesa set to bid for Continental Express service

Lisa Treon
1/3/2006​
Mesa Air Group Inc. said it will bid to become a commuter carrier for Continental Airlines Inc. if Continental proceeds with a plan to hire a new partner.
Continental announced in December that it plans to take back 69 small jets from ExpressJet Holdings Inc., now the sole provider of the Continental Express service, and seek a lower-cost operator. Continental would be shifting 25 percent of the 274 planes purchased or leased for the commuter operation. The company didn't specify which carriers it would ask for bids.
After the Continental announcement, Goldman Sachs analyst Glenn Engel said he expects Continental may still reach agreement to keep the planes at ExpressJet.
"Ultimately, we believe that Continental and ExpressJet will reach a new agreement with lower margins for Continental and better and longer protection for ExpressJet, but we may not see any resolution until mid-2006," Engel said in a report.
In addition to Mesa, SkyWest Inc. and Republic Airways Holdings Inc. may bid to provide service for Continental as well. Mesa now provides commuter service for US Airways, Delta and United airlines. Its CEO, Jonathan Ornstein, was CEO of Continental Express in 1994.

Mesa will bid to do 7 day trips for CO while paying their FO's 5 dollars an hour and Captains 8 dollars an hour. ha underbid that!

Just think of what a fun crew room environment it'll be in IAH if Mesa does what it does best and undercuts and steals our jobs!

pilotkppsg said:
Just think of what a fun crew room environment it'll be in IAH if Mesa does what it does best and undercuts and steals our jobs!

They will probably do what they did in CLT when all the WO guys kept sh#ting on them and get there own closet I mean crewroom

I hope whoever starts doing our flying gets to use our crewroom....Yeah, that will be fun. :uzi:

Exactly what I would expect to hear Mesa do. I mean our whole lives should be only about flying right??? We are not supposed to have families or kids or extracurricular interests. Hope that analyst is right, cuz I'd hate to see Mesa screwing up all our efforts.

Icelandair said:
Mesa will bid to do 7 day trips for CO while paying their FO's 5 dollars an hour and Captains 8 dollars an hour. ha underbid that!

Well you gotta give the FO's min wage at least... what is it 5.75/hr or something?

mesa FOs earn decent money, when they have days off, they deliver
Pizzas and work at Home Depot or Costco. Sad thing, they get more money at Home Depot , Costco and Dominoes

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back