• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not Good for Coex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I swear anytime there is any bit of news about somebody selling assets or routes, there's Mesa ready to pick it all up. It seems Orenstein will just pick up anything even if it's not smart business wise.

I was trying to sell my old Jetta last week and I put an ad in the paper listing it for 5 grand. Later that day I came out to go to work and all that was left was a check for $50 bucks from Orenstein and his lawyer's business card. Doooouuuuccchhhe Baaaaaaag.

I wouldn't get all your panties up in bunches just yet. This appears to be negotiating tactics right now. CAL is putting pressure on X-jet and X-jet will in turn put pressure on it's work groups for pay cuts. I bet X-jets MEC has already been contacted or will be very shortly. Later this fall, after the busy summer, after the pilots, FA's and mechanics at Xjet have all agreed to concessions, they will announce that they have made peace and will sign a deal. Personally, I am planning to incrementally buy some Xjet stock over the next several months. I'll make a ton of money once they ink a deal.

BOHICA

Last edited:
SkyBoy1981 said:
I hope whoever starts doing our flying gets to use our crewroom....Yeah, that will be fun. :uzi:
Are you gonna beat them up, ya big bully????

Capt. JD said:
I guess 69 will be a number on Express Jets mine for a while... A buddy of mine past them up with a class date in Dec 05' for Cape Air, looks like he chose wisely!
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/3553039.html

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/expressjet-2005030455.htm
I think everyone that chose to elsewhere from XJT made a good descision in hindsight. It's hard to pass up a nice new jet for a beat up turbo-prop, but the bottom line is if you have a job at the end of the day, it's not that bad!!!

Serously though, I do feel for the XJET guys, I've got 2 buds that just went there within the last few months. It sucks that they might lose their jobs just like that. But don't get pissed at Mesa pilots. They have nothing to do with what managment does. They just fly the planes.

In a letter to employees on Wednesday, Continental said that if ExpressJet "is able to lower its costs to a competitive level over time, we want them to continuing flying the remaining aircraft for us. Ultimately, we must achieve competitive rates for all our regional jet capacity."

We're all overpaid anyway.

CapnVegetto said:
Serously though, I do feel for the XJET guys, I've got 2 buds that just went there within the last few months. It sucks that they might lose their jobs just like that. But don't get pissed at Mesa pilots. They have nothing to do with what managment does. They just fly the planes.

I seriously doubt your friend is going to loose his job. Everone needs to stop panicking. If in fact 69 aircraft do leave, it won't be until the end of Dec. Everyone now put your hands together and go UUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM, UUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Now breath, a lot can happen between now and December.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back