• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Norwegian Air vs ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the US airlines wold hire qualified people then we would have no interest in going to places like Norwegian. I have 14000+ hrs. With 10 years of wide body captain time and find myself unemployed. No majors are calling me. I'd go to norwegian in a heartbeat if they took FAA licenses.

Ryan Air has a about 25% share of Aer Lingus and O'Leary is trying buy EI so that he can use their A330's and gates in BOS, JFK, ORD and SFO

If the US airlines wold hire qualified people then we would have no interest in going to places like Norwegian. I have 14000+ hrs. With 10 years of wide body captain time and find myself unemployed. No majors are calling me. I'd go to norwegian in a heartbeat if they took FAA licenses.
http://www.crewresourcesworldwide.com/positions.htm

I realize that your experience is in Boeings, but there are a couple of Airbus contracts there that although not very attractive money wise, it is a good way to get 500 on type, that will open other doors for you!

Not much hiring of experienced pilots at the majors, unless you have a military background or well connected....!

My cynical feeling is that nothing ALPA or SWAPA says will make any difference. We could show film of NIA executives involved in child trafficking and congress and the FAA would ignore it.

Airlines lobbyists on the other hand ...... We're talking about a group that can convince a government entity responsible for safety that ;

~ Smoke detectors aren't really needed, right now.
~ It's safe to operate complex machinery for 16 hours.
~ cargo airplanes don't crash
~ lithium batteries are safe, despite the fiery crashes.

If anybody can do it, A4A can do it.

Yeah I've looked at a lot of that stuff. At this point putting up with crappy pay is not an option at this point. It sucks to be at this point and overqualified and unemployed.

Last edited:
My cynical feeling is that nothing ALPA or SWAPA says will make any difference. We could show film of NIA executives involved in child trafficking and congress and the FAA would ignore it.

Airlines lobbyists on the other hand ...... We're talking about a group that can convince a government entity responsible for safety that ;

Dicko? Cynical?

Say it ain't so.... :)

Bubba

Yeah I've looked at a lot of that stuff. At this point putting up with chappy pay is not an option at this point. It sucks to be at this point and overqualified.

I hate to see anybody in this position. I hope things take a turn for the better soon.

I'm sure that you've already thought of this, but - Etihad and Qatar ? Both are hiring, both have fairly quick upgrades and respectable pay. I'm sure you know the downsides etc.

A4A is firmly behind denying NAI a certificate along with 4 legacy carriers. There is a lot of horsepower there.

"If you say you can't, then you won't"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back