• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Norwegian Air International Here They Come

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. A lot of the Air Asia Japan 320 pilots went over to Skymark. A friend of mine on the 330 said there were 3-4 Jetstar Japan 320s parked on a pad each time he flew in there over a few trips. Throw in rapid expansion at Lion Air, Air Asia, Cebu Pacific, and most of the Chinese airlines, and a pilot shortage is assured there. Next watch expats from the US go back to the States from their current INTL airlines as the big 3 US airlines look to fill jobs for 15,000 exiting retiring pilots. Even Boxjockey, an expat flying 777s for Cathay, is inquiring about a certain LCC in that section of FI, saying he wants out of HKG. Many would say that would be a dream job, but obviously where you are based and local terms and conditions can't out weigh the want to "come home."

Bye Bye---General Lee

You don't have friends dumbass. Nice for a anonymous forum board to help create your own little fantasy land

You don't have friends dumbass. Nice for a anonymous forum board to help create your own little fantasy land

You add NOTHING, only slam. Loser!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Next watch expats from the US go back to the States from their current INTL airlines as the big 3 US airlines look to fill jobs for 15,000 exiting retiring pilots. Even Boxjockey, an expat flying 777s for Cathay, is inquiring about a certain LCC in that section of FI, saying he wants out of HKG. Many would say that would be a dream job, but obviously where you are based and local terms and conditions can't out weigh the want to "come home."
Totally disagree......, it's all related to age and you will see many pilots that are mid 40's or less looking for jobs back in the US, but you will not see significant numbers of the pilots that are older than that going back to the bottom of the pile well within an economical hiccup or the wrong side of a merger away to being on the best case scenario, stuck making half of what they are making now. I don't see significant numbers at all of the older crowd applying to jobs in the US, there is always movement in the international market because the advantage of taking your experience and make a lateral or up movement, pilots that are tired of their current gigs for one reason or another will just go take a DEC position somewhere else. Not only that, if many more airlines abroad offer reverse rosters in western cities like NCA, Air China, China Southern are doing and like other airlines I know for a fact are considering doing, you will actually see many pilots flying for legacies today that are 50+ taking early retirement and taking DEC jobs with commuting conditions or reverse rostering on US cities, it's happening now actually, I get a LOT of inquiries from guys looking to do just that.

Since NLH already hired a 100+ flight attendants based in the US, I bet that offering US-based pilot jobs on the shiny new 787s would probably get significant interest (if that is legally possible).

NLH seems to be stimulating a new market of super-cheap flyers who can't afford the normal legacy carriers. You probably won't find many business passengers on those flights.

You probably won't find many business passengers on those flights.
But you will find an incredible amount of new middle class folks that are beginning to explore the world, when you see companies like Vietjet buying 63 new airplanes that is a powerful indication of the projected growth on travelers of emerging economies around the world. Even on our side of the globe, South America is experiencing the largest growth of middle class around the world after Asia!

But you will find an incredible amount of new middle class folks that are beginning to explore the world, when you see companies like Vietjet buying 63 new airplanes that is a powerful indication of the projected growth on travelers of emerging economies around the world. Even on our side of the globe, South America is experiencing the largest growth of middle class around the world after Asia!
Or it's an indication of some foolish CEO with a few billion to burn and wants to start his own airline, how hard could that be, look what SWA did, right?

...what it says is that the market in the EU is still pretty bad with the only jobs available being those of the Easyjets and the Ryanair's.

...the Chinese are driving the pay up with some of the contracts they are offering and new companies being formed in the region are trying to lure pilots to jump ship.

Just a curious sideline observer here but if the above is the case, why wouldn't those people taking the Norway deal pass it up if it's substandard and go for a more lucrative Asian contract ?

Just a curious sideline observer here but if the above is the case, why wouldn't those people taking the Norway deal pass it up if it's substandard and go for a more lucrative Asian contract ?
Why would somebody go to Hawaiian instead of Delta, Why don't I leave this contract in Japan and go to China? After all I could earn 5K more a month right? So can somebody that goes to DAL rather than HA...! We are all different and want different things in life, your job choices are no different. The fact remains that demand in one area puts strain on the entire market, that's the point I wanted to make.

Why would somebody go to Hawaiian instead of Delta, Why don't I leave this contract in Japan and go to China? After all I could earn 5K more a month right? So can somebody that goes to DAL rather than HA...! We are all different and want different things in life, your job choices are no different. The fact remains that demand in one area puts strain on the entire market, that's the point I wanted to make.

Way to rationalize your not getting the call......

Latest resources

Back