• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest trying to outsource pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somehow I doubt that pilots will be outsourced - no airline does that (very few precedents). However, many airlines outsource flight attendants in various parts of the world. I believe DAL uses some Indian flight attendants on the Mumbai and Delhi flights.

My opinion has always been that the old bag flight attendants need to be replaced on the lucrative international routes. When you compare Singapore fight attendants to Northwest flight attendants, the difference in service levels (and beauty) is HUGE. It can actually become a strategic advantage for the airline. I know of several people who will fly Singapore Airlines vs. cheaper alternatives for that reason alone - the service is that great.

The old bag, jaded flight attendants just won't cut it anymore - and that's the truth that nobody likes to acknowledge (all of those PC jerks)...

On Your Six said:
My opinion has always been that the old bag flight attendants need to be replaced on the lucrative international routes. When you compare Singapore fight attendants to Northwest flight attendants, the difference in service levels (and beauty) is HUGE. It can actually become a strategic advantage for the airline. I know of several people who will fly Singapore Airlines vs. cheaper alternatives for that reason alone - the service is that great.

The old bag, jaded flight attendants just won't cut it anymore - and that's the truth that nobody likes to acknowledge (all of those PC jerks)...

I agree, Let's all fly Hooters Air!

On Your Six said:
Somehow I doubt that pilots will be outsourced - no airline does that (very few precedents)......

The cat was let out of the bag with NWA flying mainline routes with Champion crews and aircraft.....

When you compare Singapore fight attendants to Northwest flight attendants, the difference in service levels (and beauty) is HUGE.

Yea, but with limited mechanics, the NW F/As are husky enough to help change a tire, if you need them to.

320AV8R

change a tire

good one.

Lots of ignorant post and smart ones too. There is no one single source to blame.

Let's start with politics. Republicans are in bed with Corp America and Big Business. Many Air Line Pilots tie thier identity to being republican. In addition a false justification for an Air Line Pilot to vote republican is "if business grows then I grow with it." Wrong. Air Line pilots are unique but we are hourly blue collar labor. Accept it. The problem is GWB and his political allies don't care who is doing these blue collar jobs. Just as you don't care which hourly employee cleans toilets (mexican, legal, white, female, illegal) they don't care who does FA and pilot jobs. Can companies grow with outsourcing? You bet. Juan And Wang will fly our jets faster than you can say cabatoge...

Politics is where it starts and ends. If we want to secure our place as Air Line Pilots and our careers you better get informed.

YOU SUPORT THE POLITICAN WHO SUPPORTS YOUR ISSUE!

Sometimes that means supporting Dems, sometimes it means Repubs. Political branding is a waste of time! Instead of listening to your favorite politicans and talk show hosts to see how you feel about the issues, why not climb inside your head and determine your own issues then find the politician that supports your cause...

Does somebody have a 100% Guarantee on thier ALPA contract? Quit blaming ALPA. Too many pilots are simply too ignorant on ALPA. Who defined your (false) expectations of ALPA? (you did, silly) ALPA does not control hiring, termination or revenue. The company gets to choose. Sure you may have a no furlough clause... it is really viable?

AIR LINE PILOTS DO NOT RUN AIRLINES

You say ALPA should have supported the AMFA? Right, cause the union guys working full time on this issue are dumber than you. If ALPA walked on NWA then then airline would shut down and possibly go right to Ch. 7. Tough guys can stand in the unemployment line and say we showed them! Are you really willing to take that chance?

As the babyboomers and feminists (and the worthless kids they're raising) agenda continue to fuel this 'me me me' attitude and lifestyle, we are going to erode this culture and country from within.

If we don't start looking out for each other and stop saying 'Up Yours I got Mine' we will all be learning Chinese or whatever the national language of the next superpower is....

We get to Carry Each Other.

We not me.

Last edited:
Rez O. Lewshun said:
If we don't start looking out for each other and stop saying 'Up Yours I got Mine' we will all be learning Chinese or whatever the national language of the next superpower is....

We not me.

Rez, as usual you make a sensible post.

Six and 320,

As far as making fun of the older "husky" NW flight attendants, I pose this question:

What is "funnier" an older "husky" NW flight attendant or a 7 year NW pilot asking you if you want fries with your #1?

Hmmmm...

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Six. Most of the legacy carriers have FAs who are waaaaaay past their prime. It's sad. Sure, you could say that many of the pilots are past their prime too, but technology helps to ensure they are on the right track. You can't use technology to change the bitter, jaded, careless attitudes on display among the older FAs who really don't seem to give a d@mn...

Every time I have flown on SWA, JetBlue, AirTran and even Song the FAs have been younger, more attentive and very positive (maybe because they don't know any better). For business passengers who view service as important, this disparity in service levels could make a difference. I witnessed an older NWA flight attendant actually yell at a First Class passenger a few days ago because she was trying to help a disabled passenger and was "in the way" - made me sick...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Lots of ignorant post and smart ones too. There is no one single source to blame.

Let's start with politics. Republicans are in bed with Corp America and Big Business. Many Air Line Pilots tie thier identity to being republican. In addition a false justification for an Air Line Pilot to vote republican is "if business grows then I grow with it." Wrong. Air Line pilots are unique but we are hourly blue collar labor. Accept it. The problem is GWB and his political allies don't care who is doing these blue collar jobs. Just as you don't care which hourly employee cleans toilets (mexican, legal, white, female, illegal) they don't care who does FA and pilot jobs. Can companies grow with outsourcing? You bet. Juan And Wang will fly our jets faster than you can say cabatoge...

Politics is where it starts and ends. If we want to secure our place as Air Line Pilots and our careers you better get informed.

YOU SUPORT THE POLITICAN WHO SUPPORTS YOUR ISSUE!

Sometimes that means supporting Dems, sometimes it means Repubs. Political branding is a waste of time! Instead of listening to your favorite politicans and talk show hosts to see how you feel about the issues, why not climb inside your head and determine your own issues then find the politician that supports your cause...

Does somebody have a 100% Guarantee on thier ALPA contract? Quit blaming ALPA. Too many pilots are simply too ignorant on ALPA. Who defined your (false) expectations of ALPA? (you did, silly) ALPA does not control hiring, termination or revenue. The company gets to choose. Sure you may have a no furlough clause... it is really viable?

AIR LINE PILOTS DO NOT RUN AIRLINES

You say ALPA should have supported the AMFA? Right, cause the union guys working full time on this issue are dumber than you. If ALPA walked on NWA then then airline would shut down and possibly go right to Ch. 7. Tough guys can stand in the unemployment line and say we showed them! Are you really willing to take that chance?

As the babyboomers and feminists (and the worthless kids they're raising) agenda continue to fuel this 'me me me' attitude and lifestyle, we are going to erode this culture and country from within.

We not me.

Well said Rez.

On Your Six said:
Somehow I doubt that pilots will be outsourced - no airline does that (very few precedents).

Actually most of them do (we just call them regional airlines, code shares or whatever) and it sure has grown....from 19 seat turbo prop pilots to 100 seat jet pilots....not to mention the airplanes too. What's next? All routes under 1,000 miles? 2,000 miles? All narrow body jets? Domestic flying?

WillowRunVortex said:
Rez, as usual you make a sensible post.

Six and 320,

As far as making fun of the older "husky" NW flight attendants, I pose this question:

What is "funnier" an older "husky" NW flight attendant or a 7 year NW pilot asking you if you want fries with your #1?

Hmmmm...

WRV-

Don't get too flustered.

The point is that most US airline F/As don't stack up to those of Virgin Atlantic, Cathay, Thai, etc..... Except, of course, maybe Hooters Air.

320AV8R

Latest resources

Back