• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest trying to outsource pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 20 years the airline industry will be like the shipping industry. Foreign-registered airplanes and foreign pilots flying within within the US, global airlines with no nationality.10 years if we keep Republicans in office.

Ty Webb said:
Labor was in a downward spiral during CLinton's 8 years, chief. Don't kid yourself. Politicians get their money from corporations and wealthy shareholders.

Personally, I have to laugh at message-board pilots that think that things would have been better under John Kerry! If that was the best the Democratic party could offer, no wonder they lost.

Maybe, instead of blaming Bush, you should blame the DNC for giving America such a lousy slate of contenders . . . . and then they name Dean to head the party. You really want those buffoons running the country?

Not me.

Just because you think it doesn't make it true. Labor unions made up 11 of the top 20 political action committee contributors to federal candidates in the 2000 election. (latest I could find) http://www.laborresearch.org/story.php?id=220. But that's really beside the point.

The late 90's through 2000 were the best years in aviation that most of us have seen. Pilot labor made significant advances in compensation and work rules.

I just think you're out of touch if you think the GOP has interest in your well-being. We're nowhere near the tax bracket that interests George II. Take a look at your tax cuts. Sure you save $200 bucks a year but your health insurance goes up more than that and now your pension is gone. Meanwhile your CEO saves a million in taxes on his golden parachute. Nice. It's not that I don't wish I was one of the poor souls that has to worry about the Estate Tax exemption (death tax) being only 3.5 million in 2009, but I guess I just know my place in the great scheme of things.

A snob from Boston or a moron from Texas, choose your evil.

jetfo said:
Yeah, your'e right, NOT!

This job requires at least a four year degree, years of professional experience and licensure. That doesn't sound blue colllar to me.

However, ALPA has allowed us to be treated like blue collar labor.

By the way, what have the Dem's done for you lately?!?!?

Why don't you call Hillary and see if she cares.

At least Hillary would lie and tell me she cared.

Why don't you take a look at any flying magazine. I could go get a loan, start from zero time, and be flying as a part 121 FO in less than a year.

ALPA told you to vote democrat, but did you do it? Of course not.

GogglesPisano said:
In 20 years the airline industry will be like the shipping industry. Foreign-registered airplanes and foreign pilots flying within within the US, global airlines with no nationality.10 years if we keep Republicans in office.

I think you're right about this. Not happy about it, but realistic.

airmasn said:
NWA probably would have declared bankruptcy that much quicker, thus removing any leverage (if there ever was any) from the remaining unions. Management would have accomplished their goals that much quicker.

If the unions stuck together the company would have had no choice but to deal. You can't replace workers in all areas at once. The pilots and FAs allowed the company to slowly phase in the new mechanics thereby nailing their own coffin. Serves them right because if they went on strike they would have expected the mechanics to back them up.

If they all lose their jobs it's their own fault and Duane E. Worthless'.

All the unions at NWA should have stuck together. Now NWA is going to pick each work group apart one by one. It's sad that alpa iam and pfaa all gave amfa the cold shoulder now alpa is giving and giving and nwa still wants to more more more.

Last edited:
What makes anyone think that unions sticking together could have done anything to keep NWA out of BK? You can not make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. NWA was basically DOA.

jetfo, the reason most people getting hired have 4-yr degrees is because most people applying have 4-yr degrees. Great airlines like SWA, JB, AirTran, etc, do not let the lack of a degree get in the way of hiring the right pilot. We have had 7 pilots interview at JB in the last 5 years, 4 had degrees, 3 did not have degrees, and JB hired 3, 2 w/o degrees and 1 with a degree. You can make in this business without a degree. TJ PIC from a 121 Air Carrier is the resume fluff that means more than a 4-yr-college degree, of course this comes from my personal experience in this business. Gad how I love this

Ty webb your a fool.

Hair on fire is correct we are blue collar working men that is how the IRS classifies our job.

Really, Chief, why don't you show us the IRS publication? Because last time I checked, the IRS wasn't tasked with the responsibility of deciding whether jobs were "blue or white collar". Maybe in your drunken stupor you thought that is what you heard somewhere . . . but in any event, it's not a valid argument for anything.

We are highly trained technicians/managers, operating (in my case) a $30 million dollar plant with a potential liability of over a billion dollars at any given time.

So what's your point? Ah . . . . that's what I thought.

Ty Webb is one of those that votes republican and thinks he is above everyone else and then when his union has no power he just cries and cries and says well it is a very complex problem

You don't know me, my thought process, or anything about me, but feel free to blather away. Let us know when you're done, and we'll call your Village and let them know they can come pick up their Idiot.

Welcome to flightinfo.com. Don't let the electrons bombard your @ss on your way out.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back