Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest to declare Chapter 11 in 3, 2, 1. . .

• Thread starter Towelie
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-handle said:
Just in the last few months I've had rough jumpseat experiences onboard -9s and 320s.

What's one of the first questions an NWA driver asks you when you ride with them?.................. 'What aircraft are you on?'

when i j/s yesterday they asked me oh you're with pinnacle. how many more jets do you got coming?

"None, we are all done."

I have always had a good experience on mainline. Tho, I have heard of XJ pilots getting denied a j/s.

Rough67 said:
Butters said:
I agree, Dodge. If we start flying 70 seaters regardless of how the deal is worked out, we will never see another jumpseat on NWA. Those guys will certainly take it out on us.

QUOTE]

No we won't.. (i mean we if i do get back someday)

If the pilots at NWA did take it out on XJ and 9E, I would understand. It's only natural if you lose your job and someone with less experience being paid less takes it from you.

I really hope ALPA can do something to at least keep things civil. They can't stop NWA from going bankrupt, however they can help NWA pilots understand XJ and 9E pilots are with them, not against them.

If they get mad I will understand why. I am just praying they will understand enough to take it out of those with control and not on fellow worker bees.

Rough67, I hope you make it back to the mainline and soon. Probably won't be soon, I'm afraid. Just remember we are with you guys on this. Good luck.

Dodge said:
. This is very unfortunate for our profession, but the order for 50 seaters could definatety be turned into 70 seaters.

How 'bout 70 seaters changed to 90 seaters? Mesa was the launch customer for the CRJ900, and got to buy 'em at the CRJ700 price.

And we still have options for more . . . . (neither pro nor con, just random-stream of "thought" here)

Dodge said:
. Of course, mainline pilots will blame us even though their union supported such an action and we had absolutely no say in anything.

Boy, ain't THAT the truth.

Towelie said:
Rough67 said:
If the pilots at NWA did take it out on XJ and 9E, I would understand. It's only natural if you lose your job and someone with less experience being paid less takes it from you.

I really hope ALPA can do something to at least keep things civil. They can't stop NWA from going bankrupt, however they can help NWA pilots understand XJ and 9E pilots are with them, not against them.

If they get mad I will understand why. I am just praying they will understand enough to take it out of those with control and not on fellow worker bees.

Rough67, I hope you make it back to the mainline and soon. Probably won't be soon, I'm afraid. Just remember we are with you guys on this. Good luck.

That sounds really nice of you. How about a flow down to the left seat of any new jets for those newly furloughed NW pilots? That might make them happier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Towelie said:
That sounds really nice of you. How about a flow down to the left seat of any new jets for those newly furloughed NW pilots? That might make them happier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why would Mesaba pilots want to do that? Most of us have more 121 experience than the furloughed and would be furloughed pilots. Don't make much sense to put less experienced pilots in the command seat.

Dodge said:
General Lee said:
Why would Mesaba pilots want to do that? Most of us have more 121 experience than the furloughed and would be furloughed pilots. Don't make much sense to put less experienced pilots in the command seat.

BlllaaAAAHHH!!! Sorry, I just sneezed coffee all over the computer when I read that.

Dodge said:

OH MY!!!!
There is going to be a Flightinfo loot and riot with this one...

<CLICK> <CLICK> <CLICK> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<CLICK> <CLICK> <CLICK>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<CLICK> <CLICK> <CLICK>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Attempting to click the <delete> key for the sake of DODGE, but I won't let me!)

Hide the knives.

Last edited:
Dodge said:

Priceless. Pathetic, yet funny at the same time. Dodge, get a clue.

Stupid NW managment

I love how all the employee groups are being asked to pay for the HUGE mistake by NW managment. All this talk of operating high fuel burn DC-9s, DC-10s etc. Whose decision was that?

I am repulsed at NW managment, they are so stupid. operating planes that burn so much fuel, and not taking advantage of all the new planes out there with much less fuel burn when the times were good. What would have happened if NW ordered 777, 737, etc when they had more money and parked the 9's and 10's. Stick up for yourself

D

Oh, relax everyone. Just funnin a little this morning. Just wanted to get those mainliners cranked up a little.

Now seriously, I believe all the 1000+ future and current furloughs should go to the top of XJ's seniority list. It would definately be in ALPA's best interest at this time.

Latest resources

Back