• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest pilots set conditions for a merger...Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the merger actually gets the green light, there may not be the need for many mainline furloughs at the two companies (if at all).

However, the impact on regional feed is a little less clear because a combined carrier may not need 7 regional partners...
The loss of jobs at the regional level will be a factor, however, in any merger. You can bet your sweet cheeks that this will infuence Oberstar.

A merger with one pair would lead to a merger with another pair.

Lets say it does turn out to be a DAL/NWA and CAL/UAL merge. There are probably city pairs that one merged company probably flies with both sets of regionals. EWR-IAD is done by both United Express (TSA) and Continental Express (XJet). Either one of the two is going to lose the flying.. OR.. both are gonna lose and the flights will be replaced by a mainline flight!

Mergers will cause a slowing/halting of hiring at the majors AND a reduction of regional feed.

On a side note... the "supposable" pilot shortage will be a thing of the past and with the emergence of VLJ just around the corner, there will be jobs out there for any pilots who get furloughed.

Just my opinion though!

Well its a good thing you dont have to worry about anything since you will be unaffected at the regionals. :rolleyes: Good luck with that, oh and thanks for the career guidance:cool:

Hey your welcome...anything I can do to help you out there little fella..:rolleyes: Been gone from the regionals for a while now, but THANKS!

Neither one of those posts was in any way "gleeful."

The sad-sack victim routine isn't working for you, my man.

And don't forget, hundreds/thousands of mainline pilots will be furloughed in almost any merger situation.

Just like the USAir/AWA merger, right? How many were furloughed there? I am waiting Jmoney.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey your welcome...anything I can do to help you out there little fella..:rolleyes: Been gone from the regionals for a while now, but THANKS!

Thats funny because your previous posts would lead one to believe your at ASA....;)

Your previous posts would lead us to believe that you are inconcieveabley douch@baguous.... That is all.

Thanks for you constructive post!! It was really helpful :rolleyes: Considering your current post and little to know knowledge or part in the conversation i could only assume that you in fact are a DOUCH^CANOE!!:pimp:

Oh an learn to spell "inconceivably" would you, there isnt much more you can do to discredit your thoughts quicker than misspelling a word in a put down. LMAO ;)

Last edited:
Just like the USAir/AWA merger, right? How many were furloughed there? I am waiting Jmoney.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes, the USAir/AWA integration went perfectly. No problems there at all.

It's amazing how utterly incapable of rational thought you appear to be (and that goes for all your screen names: 737Pylt, Jmoney, Scope out RJs, etc).

Delta is a no-more-than-average company, not a god, regardless of what the voices inside your head are telling you.

Yes, the USAir/AWA integration went perfectly. No problems there at all.

I believe the issue was furloughs and the assumption that mergers always result in furloughs, not the east-west war at LCC.

Has the merger of AWA and AAA resulted in furloughs? No.

Not only have pilots who were on furlough before the merger been offered recall, but LCC is hiring pilots.

I think the case can be made that the AAA/AWA merger is an example of a merger that did not result in furloughs.

As an AWA pilot, all I have to say is good luck to all of us. This place used to be a nice place to work. Not so much anymore. Too bad.........

Latest resources

Back