• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest New Livery

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK for those who like the Northeast idea, check out the picture again-check out the american flag (bottom right hand picture), this is the correct way to paint it, so the compass will point to the Northeast on that particular side while pointing to the Northwest on the other side.

Me rearry rikey the new paint job! Maybe it's just the plane though. I'm sure the A320 will look just as dorky in silver. The 757 looks good in any paint scheme. Even the new Song colors.

Re: Re: Goodness

ShawnC said:
Did you hear they are also renaming the airline, depending on which side of the aircraft your on, your either on Northwest or NorthEast.

That is EXACTLY what I thought the very first time I saw it. Their old logo was the most ingenious logo ever invented (an N, a W, and a compass pointed to the Northwest, all in one), then they go and take out the genious part, and they paint it backward on the opposite side of the tail. NWA management--so dumb they don't even know what their logo is supposed to look like.

And, to top it off--that ugly color!! It is just as bad as United's. Yes, now that UAL is bankrupt and near liquidation, we need another airline to camoflauge its airplanes in precisely the color of concrete (also the color of drabby gray clouds.) I didn't like USAirways new (current) scheme the first moment I saw it, but once I got used to it I really liked it. Even if you don't like it U's, it is still much better than UAL or NWA because you can actually SEE IT!!!!

Last edited:
I will say it again look at the picture-the flag AND the compass are painted to match each other. ALL FLAGS on the co pilot side are painted with the blue of stars and stripes on the right.

The flag has nothing to do with it!

The old logo wasn't like that. When you reverse it, it points to the Northeast, plain and simple. There is no debating it. If it were up to you, the name of the airline would be backward too!

Folks, I know this is digging up an old topic, but for those interested in the new NWA scheme, here is an Airbus in new colors.

A319

I for one can't wait to get the new paint. the current red sucks in the summer. It's the easybake paint job, it's like flying one of those ovenswith the lightblub. The grey should be a little better

The best looking paintjobs are the US Airways planes with the old Pacific Southwest Airline smiles painted on the front.

Last edited:
WMUSIGPI said:
The best looking US Airways planes are the ones that get the old Pacific Southwest Airline smiles painted on the front.

I believe we were talking about Northwest's new paint schemes, not US Airways. As usual, butting in with a stupid comment...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back