Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Goodness

DoinTime said:
The compass pointer on the right side of the aircraft pointing to the Northeast is also extremely tacky.

For a second I thought, Northwest Can't be D*mb enough to put a compass pointing to the Norteast....... good thing it was only a typo.........;)

I do see in the long run the cost saving effects of the new paint job, but it looks like a European Crashbus, I don't like it.:(

Rich!

Nevermind me, I just looked at a different picture..... on the right side, it does point to the northeast...... that is really dumb. What an expensive mistake.:eek:

Last edited:
New paint scheme sucks. Makes the plane look like a big gray battleship. And you can't tell if the compass pointer on the tail is pointing Northwest, South, or Northeast with the absense of the big "N". I wonder who the art critic was who signed off on this dissaster anyway?

What's with this trend towards drab paint schemes? United's new colors are dull and boring (even though their old orange stripes were outdated), and the first time I saw a plane in US Air's new livery, I thought it was a MAC transport. I like Northwest's current livery. I think the new one is a step backward.

And American's stripes and polished aluminum continue to look fantastic!

Re: Goodness

Rich Man said:
Rich!

Nevermind me, I just looked at a different picture..... on the right side, it does point to the northeast...... that is really dumb. What an expensive mistake.:eek:

Did you hear they are also renaming the airline, depending on which side of the aircraft your on, your either on Northwest or NorthEast.

I doubt that the average joe will notice, I know that I only noticed when it was pointed out.

It reminds me a bit of the transitional paint scheme they used after the Republic merger.

Also, if they could put a touch of blue in there, I think that it would make it a little more interesting.

I am quite sure that they are not going to require Mesaba to repaint 70+ Saabs. Most (if not all) of the fleet hasn't been touched since the first one arrived in the summer of '96.

Mesaba, the "Pink Tail Carrier"

sf3boy said:
I am quite sure that they are not going to require Mesaba to repaint 70+ Saabs. Most (if not all) of the fleet hasn't been touched since the first one arrived in the summer of '96.

Mesaba, the "Pink Tail Carrier"

What about those Mesaba Saabs that have a red tail, but have a dark grey fuselage with some kind of checkerboard pattern on them? I always thought that looked pretty cool, but I've only seen a few of them.

EagleRJ,
We have 2 silver saabs for Mesaba's 25 year anniversary a few years back. Those 2 do look fairly sharp.

Painting the airplanes. That will put butts in the seats.

One has to ask, "Are they just re-arranging the deck chairs?"

By the way, I like it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back