• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest also files Chap. 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, they are just filing before the Chap 11 rules change next month. Now two more airlines can fail to pay their bills, cut wages etc. while SWA continues to run a responsible business.

Well I guess someone will now say this is SWA's fault. You know, it's exciting to think that little ole SWA can cause all of this kaos.

J3

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Crazy. Both at the same time? Merger.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

I wouldn't be surprised to see a merger announcement within the next year. In the end, it would probably be for the best. It would certainly be a very difficult transition though.

J3CubCapt said:
Well I guess someone will now say this is SWA's fault. You know, it's exciting to think that little ole SWA can cause all of this kaos.

J3

SWA the cause.....? Yea, right.

It had nothing to do with high fuel prices, outlandish debt and pension payments, labor costs that were above the industry average, incompetent Management, trying to compete with other airlines in CH 11, failed labor negotiations, did I mention high fuel prices ? etc,.........

Yea, it is Southwest that is causing all these problems.

Don't flatter yourself.

320AV8R

J3CubCapt said:
Nope, they are just filing before the Chap 11 rules change next month. Now two more airlines can fail to pay their bills, cut wages etc. while SWA continues to run a responsible business.

J3

What? So, you don't think filing within 30 minutes of each other means anything? NW has a better balance sheet, and they still filed. Why?

Hey, how is the Boeing strike affecting you guys at SW? I hear hiring will stop soon.

Bye Bye--General Lee

PCL_128 said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a merger announcement within the next year. In the end, it would probably be for the best. It would certainly be a very difficult transition though.

A difficult transition? Delta only has one union, which means less strike potential. And, ALPA covers the pilots at both. It would be worse if an ALPA carrier merged with a non ALPA carrier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
A difficult transition? Delta only has one union, which means less strike potential. And, ALPA covers the pilots at both. It would be worse if an ALPA carrier merged with a non ALPA carrier.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Come on General, you have to admit that any merger is tough on the employees of both airlines. The circumstances in this case certainly make it much better, but that doesn't mean that things would go easily.

J3CubCapt said:
You know, it's exciting to think that little ole SWA can cause all of this kaos.

J3

This is a bad day. No one should forget the sentiment expressed by this SWA pilot. Their day will come.

A question of curiosity only; I have no dog in any fight.

Do striking workers continue to picket a bankrupt corporation?

Latest resources

Back