• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we look at the facts...ATA has the most active pilots, more than World and NAA combined, so they are in the drivers seat. If the stats on APC are correct. And I don't believe anyone is going to get stapled to the bottom or DID I EVER SAY THAT. What the future for us is anyone guess but I would like to know why everyone thinks World is going to get sold. Didn't they just buy a 747?

The fact is that GAL(formerly known as ATA Holdings, which was created after ATA emerged from bankruptcy) is in the drivers seat, since they're the ones that bought World Air Holdings, not ATA.
Also, World is leasing the 744, we don't own any planes, except for maybe one DC10.

Last edited:
I don't know how much of a "drivers seat" there is. The only way to get an integration done is to work together regardless. If that happens, anyway.

As long as GAL is using one of the carriers to subservice the others, it should happen.

NAA is still doing some of our OAK-OGG flying. Our contract allows that for a limited time, but the company is exceding that time.

I have no doubt that GAL and Mattlin-Patterson, the pinnicle of the pyramid, will one day sell off assets. They're not in this to run an airline, they want to make money and get a return on their investment.

A single list, under one contract with good fragmentation language will protect the whole.

NAA is still doing some of our OAK-OGG flying. Our contract allows that for a limited time, but the company is exceding that time.

Thats true, but ATA is doing all the Air Jamaica flying too, which we usually do.

And what good is a CBA that can't be enforced or is worse than the current policies in place? Should we just accept any old thing GAL puts in front of us to just say we have a CBA? The bottom line is that GAL can do as they please whether there is a contract or not. They told NAA to do the subservice for ATA, and told ATA to do the NAA subservice for Air Jamaica. In any case it adds to GAL's bottom line and that is all they care about. You'll note that one of GAL's goals for 2008 is to go public, so we will all have new owners once again.

XTWAPILOT

Like it or not, ATA, NAA and World are privately held companies. Mattlin-Patterson is the owner. They are a hedge fund and they will sell any part or whole of any airline if the price is right.

No one should accept a substandard contract. ATA pilots shouldn't have accepted the cr@p we got "forced" down us in BK. NAA's TA was horrible from what I hear. It was a good thing that you rejected it. Even if NAA has no CBA, it doesn't make it right for ATA or World to take flying away from them.

I've been a very vocal advocate of one list since this "merger" was announced a year ago. All I can hear is crickets. No one really seems to care. I get a "let's wait and see" and "let's open the lines of communication." I've also heard that World IBT doesn't want one list. So, who knows. We'll just keep screwing with each other until everyone is PO'd.

Latest: ATA is going to do some Lagos/intra-Africa flying with B737's. Still waiting on KMIA/C. America contract (Latin Sky) to be inked. Europe with B737's coming soon to a bid packet near you.

One list now! The greater the delay the greater the screwing!

L

I've been a very vocal advocate of one list since this "merger" was announced a year ago. All I can hear is crickets. No one really seems to care. I get a "let's wait and see" and "let's open the lines of communication." I've also heard that World IBT doesn't want one list. So, who knows. We'll just keep screwing with each other until everyone is PO'd.
OK, I'll bite, how does one list benefit the World and NA guys? I already know about NA flying ATA stuff, etc. The Teamsters are not interested in one list unless it's a Teamster list, I'm sure ALPA feels the same.

Latest resources

Back