• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Norfolk Airline Maintenance

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Total Time
lifer
I know; aside from all the disclaimers of No Work, Terrible Economy, etc.; I have a buddy who is relocating to Chesapeake, VA for the Wife's promotion. I heard there was a bottom feeder (Possible middle tier) Airline with a maintenance shop in Norfolk, that might have above average turnover that I could sent him to. He is dejected, and moving from an mechanic environment with pitiful opportunities and just want to see if I can help him out sourcing something to keep his feet wet.

Thanks, in advance.
100-1/2

blesko

Total Time
If he wants to go the 121 route, I believe air wisconsin might still have a mx base there, they used to several years ago when I lived in chesapeake. If not, Horizon aviation has a pretty busy GA mx department. PM me if you need an name and contact at horizon.

Bryan

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Air Wisconsin still has a mx hangar in ORF. I also believe Norfolk Southern and Landmark Communications have their corporate aircraft based at the airport,too.

PHXFLYR

blesko

Total Time
I know guys that work for both operations, I believe that most the the mx is done by landmark, the fbo.

dhc8fo

Total Time
lots
Landmark Communications and Landmark Aviation are two totally different companies. Landmark Aviation is the FBO and they DO have maintnenance (they actually perform some maintenance on Landmark Communication's planes).