noobie captains off the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
noobie captains...

NO , NO my hats off to you flyingdog..... anyone whos flown a MIG and an Su has got to be on top of the food chain.....

Speaking of food.... noobie captains here, get $37,000 the first year and the second year that goes up a measly 2 grand + change.

You do get extra pay for other situations in the company like starting early on your first day, overtime pay if you have a long day, extra days pay if you get in past midnite coming home, holiday pay, and several other situations. Talking to some of the seasoned guys, as a first year captain with some of your per diem ( the company feeds you real good), thats left over from your tour, overtime and all that jazz...... youll probably gross 45 to 50 grand. I am so new I cant tell yet if thats true but it looks very possible.

Every one here is looking to the new contract very, very hard. Most want to double the wages. Nobody knows how its gonna turn out because the wage issue hasent even come up for discussion yet. I have been told it will be the last item on the list .........

Could be some exciting times ahead !
:D

Approx. 40000 second year?????....not including perdiem etc(all companies provide that).......I consider that pure slavery, discrimination, communism OR real employee...total fanatism toward the company.

Plus they put you through all that hell? Maybe they didn't notice your flying time? With your time and experience they should use you for writing their flying manuals and for commercial posters in how real pilots should look like. Please tell me at least they didn't have you flying with some little young pukes (so called instructors)who microscopically were looking to make sure you remember all the call outs!?
ThankS God Write brothers and Lindberg passed away. I don't think they should have been able to watch all this.

On the same token if a pilot is retired and looking to stay active flying 91, I'm assuming it could be a good deal. Very underpaid and very unrespectful toward experience....but....active.

All my respect to you Sir. You do have a hell of a good writing skill. Have you tried to write your memoires???? I bet you have 19000 stories to tel from which we all could learn a lot.

Please tell me at least they didn't have you flying with some little young pukes (so called instructors)who microscopically were looking to make sure you remember all the call outs!?

Flyingdog- It's called SOP's. They are an intrigal part of our type of flying. Since we might go through 2 or 3 different captains a tour or FO's you want to make sure we are all on the same page.

A lot of times were going into airports that both of us have never been to. Having standard callout's and profiles make sure that the surprises are minimal.

Thank you Trainerjet. If that is the case I strongly prefer to be just a visitor. I don't like fast food restaurants or Blockbusters and for sure I don't like their aviation counterparts.

Countbat- So would NJA be blockbusters? The biggest movie rental buisness/ fractional ownership? you might want to stick to brooms.

Diesel...where did you learn de english?

Diesel said
**^^**^^**^^**^^**^^
Flyingdog- It's called SOP's. They are an intrigal part of our type of flying. Since we might go through 2 or 3 different captains a tour or FO's you want to make sure we are all on the same page.

A lot of times were going into airports that both of us have never been to. Having standard callout's and profiles make sure that the surprises are minimal.

***^^**^^**^^**^^**^^

INTRIGAL? What does Intrigal mean?

You'se dumb.

Lots of new words in here...intrigal, fanatism...the list goes on and on.

Last edited:
Turbinehead-

Yeah it's sad your a loser. You lurk in the shadows only to crap on people or throw in loser coments.

Yeah my spelling sucks, so what? My grammar sucks too. A point is still a point.

Your a loser. Have fun in high school or whatever grade your in.

Enough said.

Listen, jerkywad

Hey, my limo driver speaks better english....

Thats right, you guys are the aerial equivalent of a taxi driver so this is all starting to make some sense.

Guess netjets cant afford the literate pilots.

NetJet Wantabe

Just Peachy,
Good info. I interviewed in 7/01. I screwed up the interview but would like to try agian in the summer of '03. I am flying a c-208 135 right now. 3400tt 1400me 260inst. atp/meii. by '03 Ill have 600turbine.

Do you now if NJ will give someone who failed the first time a scend chance?

Depends on who's/what you stepped on and how hard. It is my understanding that they have 600-700 applications on file and plan to hire in the neighborhood of 350 in 2003. Tried to pick up an app for a friend and they said" have him send in a resume and we will look at it." Just as NJA was considering a lowering of the min hrs, ect, 9/11 happened and they were flooded with apps from lots of airline guys. I would guess in the last year, 80% to 90% of the new hires have come from 121 ops. Can't hurt to re-apply. All they can say is "sorry". Good luck!

Latest resources

Back