Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DC10

Hi!

Your background check is different since you already have experience with aircrafts over 12500lbs, it is called expedided backgroung check.

it is more difficult for guys who has no prior experience!

thanks

Same boat

I too am in the same boat. I have in my resume that I hold full work privis. I don't even get called for an interview........

hey Spool
how much longer do you have to wait for a Citizenship ?
It takes either 5 or 6 years of waiting (start time is when you got your green card) before you can start applying, and the whole process takes 8 months to a year to get it).

get rid of that you have working permit

Hi Spool

you should take that full working priviledges part out from your resume!

But only info what they ask and what are requirements!

obviously you have working permit or you are citizen you apply and if you dont and you apply they find that out later and you just wasted your time by going to interview!

I would recommend to just but , your ratings / licenses, times and thats it, I even left out all my european education, since from that they can see that he is from sweden and maybe is not citizen ....

Of course they find out that in interview that you are immigrant , but at least then it is up to you and you are face to face with these people!

This is just how I did it and have not have any problems!

getting a interview is not a problem but

Personally, im a greencard holder and put x on 'not US citizen' on the application form. But I got a call for the interview with ******. Infact, I failed the interview twice with ******. One was december 2000 which it was pre911. I had insufficient knowledge according to them at that time. Second I had interview 2 years later, this time i built experience with 135 in turbine. But I failed again they did not say why I failed. I belive my status as not US citizen was the unknown main factor. I studied hard and passed all the interview phases. Many my fellow
coworkers at my company got interview with them. most of them got hired. The hiring ratio among my coworkers were near 95%.
May be I had really bad luck. I have approx 8months ahead to get my citizenship then I will try my luck again. The reality is brutal for some innocent people.

Last edited:
There are many non-citizens at SkyWest. I personally know pilots of Arabic, Asian, European, and South American descent in that category. Your post makes you sound like someone hesitant to accept responsibility for your own performance and actions. I'm just a line pilot voicing an opinion but I think you're way off base in your accusation. The fact that you were called for a second interview pretty much disproves your statement.

To the CRJ driver,

First I am not from mid east.
I personally don't have great feeling toward those mideast people either. But I don't curse them. If you are really flying a CRJ, I think you are lucky guy. At lease you have a decent jet job. I belive, some US citizens with your kinda mind is more threat to this great country eventually. Watch out...

ps..I edited my posting not to disclose specific airlines. No offense!
Byt the way,I have so many close buddies at that airline. They bugged the recruting people everyday. I think that brought me to the interview at least. It's impossible to prove anything though.
But that's true there are several airlines that has lower minority ratio than other airlines.

Last edited:
I heard recently of some foreign (european) guys passing the interview at Skywest and then getting turned down because of their non-citizen status.

Latest resources

Back