• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Noise complaint - asked and answered

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C'mon folks, let's just let Small Iron absorb himself in his sad world. Spending time on an individual like this is just a waste, and drags you down toward his level. Feel sorry for him, and let's move on.

I'm not sure why the name of the 63 SQ/CC (the author of the response) is X'd out. His name is Scotty Pleus and is a good friend of mine going back almost 15 years. His response to that idiotic letter was appropriate, well written and unfortunately necessary. There are still some people in this country whose concept of personal sacrifice is limitated to a momentary disturbance while they drive their cars around a shopping mall parking lot. Pathetic. Sickeningly pathetic. Especially when so many more are sacrificing everything.

Big Iron, you are extremely brave for coming on a military forum and displaying your nonsense. My guess is that you have never served in the military, because no self-respecting veteran would ever say the things you are saying. Im in Iraq right now and there are things going on here that ARE worth telling and SHOULD be telling, but they aren't. Because its people like you that crave the fact that people are dying and the world is a mess. So the news gives you what you want. The other day, I watched the bodies of 8 american soldiers and marines get carried onto an airplane bound for the US. During and after the detail, I had chills down my spine because the reality hit me that this is for real. That could be me. But I am willing to make that sacrifice. Because it is us military members that are fighting for people like you, big iron. I didn't have to do that detail, but I did because I wanted to show my deepest respects for them giving the ultimate sacrifice. Even though I may not like you, I will continue to do my job here, because that is why I am here. Its a good thing you are not in the military. I wouldn't want you here anyways. You are entitled to your opinions. But make sure that you don't express them in the wrong place or in front of the wrong people. If you do, be ready to defend yourself.

It is true - He was an AFSOC officer - Special Tactics, killed when the Comp 7 flown by a bud of mine and Albies went down. There was a request through the wing I work at at Hulburt for a fly by - but due to the limited # of aircraft, etc..and the OTHER 3 funerals...AFSOC let the guard F 16s have the honor - and evidently they did an outstanding job.
Good on that SQ CC. Good on him

GIA,

We owe much to those, past and present, who have served or are serving in our nation's Armed Forces. We owe even more to those who have died while performing that service. They served, and sometimes died, to defend your freedom. Yes, even your freedom to express your opinion, however valid or ill-considered it may be. These individuals deserve our respect, and our thanks. Please reflect upon the following quote from John Stewart Mill.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Rock said:
I'm not sure why the name of the 63 SQ/CC (the author of the response) is X'd out. His name is Scotty Pleus and is a good friend of mine going back almost 15 years. His response to that idiotic letter was appropriate, well written and unfortunately necessary. There are still some people in this country whose concept of personal sacrifice is limitated to a momentary disturbance while they drive their cars around a shopping mall parking lot. Pathetic. Sickeningly pathetic. Especially when so many more are sacrificing everything.

I deleted both the name of the original complainant and the Wing King because I don't like to put people's names out on the Interweb. I know that they are available in other places, but you can just consider it my personal OPSEC thing.

As far as I am concerned Big iron can stfu. And thank you to Skiddriver for your responses. My father was in the AF and was witness to a few such displays. I nearly started to cry myself when he would tell me of such times. I also must agree that for anyone who is inconvienesed by it, should live in nearly any other country for a few years to appreciate what a blessing we have here in the U.S.A. I spent 3 months in Mexico when I was 13. In that short period of time I learned a great many things we take for granted here at home. So to JetJock 19 and all other veterans and current troops I say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, STILL DO, AND WILL TO IN THE FUTURE. I thank you for myself and for my 6 year old daughter that we can live in blissfull ignorance of the many things that others in the world have to deal with on a daily basis.

I found this letter to the editor from the 56 FW/CC:

Luke Air Force Base was asked to respond to a letter writer's question about a "morning air show" he observed recently ("A wake-up call from Luke's jets," Letters, Thursday):

The "wake-up call" witnessed the morning of June 15 was a formation of F-16 jets from Luke Air Force Base lining up for a memorial service in Sun City at the gravesite for Air Force Capt. Jeremy Fresques, an officer assigned to Air Force Special Operations. Fresques gave his life in defense of our country while serving in Iraq.

It is unfortunate that at a time when our nation is at war someone would believe we have less than honorable and professional reasons for such a mission.

The commander of the fighter squadron was given the difficult duty of informing the family of Capt. Fresques on Memorial Day that the officer, a husband, son and Arizonan, had died in Iraq.

On behalf of the men and women at Luke Air Force Base, we continue to keep Jeremy and his family in our thoughts and prayers. - Col. Robin Rand, Luke Air Force Base
The writer is commander, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke Air Force Base.

I hope the author of that original complaint feels like a total ass, because they sure look like one now.

Latest resources

Back