• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Noise Cancelling Headsets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've tried/borrowed the Bose headset in flight and what I noticed was the volume that the various chimes/alerts/warnings the plane makes are super loud inside those white cups. Loud enough to do hearing damage. This occurs with the volume set as low as possible, so I can just make out what's being said on the radio or what's coming out of my partner's mouth. This seems to defeat the purpose of the product. How do you loyal fans deal with that? Do you wear ear plugs at the same time?

I'm still using company provided crap headsets with ultra premo foam earplugs. I love it when the communal foam mic guard is still wet from the previous user.

There's a small two-position slider switch next to the male jack. It's a volume control switch. Slide it toward the jack, which is the lower volume position. I had the same problem at first and that fixed it.

I've tried/borrowed the Bose headset in flight and what I noticed was the volume that the various chimes/alerts/warnings the plane makes are super loud inside those white cups. Loud enough to do hearing damage. This occurs with the volume set as low as possible, so I can just make out what's being said on the radio or what's coming out of my partner's mouth. This seems to defeat the purpose of the product. How do you loyal fans deal with that? Do you wear ear plugs at the same time?

I'm still using company provided crap headsets with ultra premo foam earplugs. I love it when the communal foam mic guard is still wet from the previous user.

As stated, there is a "hi/lo" switch which adjusts volume. The earlier "non-ERJ" versions were actually optimized for Boeings and are much louder, so we reduced overall audio response - just for the ERJ crowd... You might have been using an old version.

The "ERJ" mod is free, by the way, if you've purchased an earlier version (pre Mar 07).

Curious, to meet the TSO specs we've actually had to reduce the volume and clarity of the UFM, both in audio and in the mike. The specs were written in the 50s... and little has been done to keep up with technology.

Mike

Dude, you are a piece of work, you attack a poster that has passed on some very informative safety related information, you got stock in the company or are you really that stupid. I wonder if the people you fly for realize what a tool you are, glad you don't fly for an airline.

Clearly your sarcasm detector wasn't working......

No worries. By the way, Phillips Head Screwdriver since you were wondering......:laugh:

Latest resources

Back