• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No TR's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
at Pinchanickle...we use full bore reversers on every landing...crack your jokes, but if you arent at full reverse and off of 30R in Minny in no time...your gonna have a DC-9 up your APU....

at Pinchanickle...we use full bore reversers on every landing...crack your jokes, but if you arent at full reverse and off of 30R in Minny in no time...your gonna have a DC-9 up your APU....

Wow that sounds really intense. I bet nobody at the bar has ever heard that story.

In a CRJ-200? I assume that DC-9 is landing on 22?

An Eagle pilot once told me they don't use TRs on the EMB because of some kind of elevator structural limitation.

So on strictly a cost-saving basis, you could argue to take the things right off the plane....

...then you can calculate the cost savings of not maintaining the TR's.

...plus the fuel savings related to not carrying around the weight of the TR's and all their components...

That, I would think would really add up!

Most of our 145s don't have the TRs. Its annoying. Planes are super nose heavy so pretty much every leg we have to move pax from the front to the back...they really love doing that. They added a few hundred lbs of ballast to the cargo bin to help offset this, but it doesn't do too much help really. Plus its not a very good feeling when you start sliding and have no other way to try to stop. You're just along for the ride and have to hope that you get some traction before you run off the end. I've come within 500 ft of going off the end due to hydroplanning in Canada...its AMAZING how much those runway grooves help with traction.

An Eagle pilot once told me they don't use TRs on the EMB because of some kind of elevator structural limitation.

I've never heard of that. Only elevator limit I've heard of is to start trimming before reaching 160kts to keep the horiz stab trim motors from "stalling" and not being able to trim the plane.

Both my company and EMB stress idle reverse due to
1. Brake wear is better the hotter the brakes are.
2. Fuel savings.

Wow that sounds really intense. I bet nobody at the bar has ever heard that story.

no i dont sit at the bar and tell that story...i have a life...thanks though...i was simply stating that they pack us in like sardines in MSP...and if you dont fly in there on a regular basis....which u probably dont if you fly an E145...u wouldnt have the first idea what you are talking about...which brings me back to my original point...nice verbal diahrea though junior....go back to vero beach

Save the company money? Ha, ha, ha. You guys are real funny. TR to the fullest. I swear some of you guys think you own these airplanes.

Latest resources

Back