No trick or treaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboS7

My wife only got two bags of candy for the trick or treaters tonight. I ran to the store and bought another $40.00 worth of candy. So far we have only had 3 trick or treaters and I have egg all over my face with my wife saying "I told you so." This is the first time I have been home on the 31st in 10 years. Where did all the trick or treaters go????

mmmmmm....caaaaandy. Hey, you could always take it to a local needy crashpad. I've never known a pilot to turn down something free. :D

We have had about ten so far. Ive got a pinstripe suit and a fake MBA displayed, my costume is as an Airline Manager.

Hey F. Gump. Does your costume include a dummy in a pilot uniform bent over in front of you grabbing his ankles? :D
Dang I'm bored. I'm about ready to put on my uniform and go try to score some candy, even though last night was trick-or-treat night.

Nope I didnt think of that but next year Im gonna git me one of them thar banjos and go as the leading man in the love seen of Deliverence. do do do do do do do do doooo..........Come on boy, SQUEAL!

Where are they?

It's been a really slow Halloween. This is one of my favorite holidays....love to look out the peep hole and rip the door open right before they knock and yell "WHAT?!?!" at the top of my lungs.

I know....I'm a loser.

We've had less than 10 knocks...and a bunch of teenagers with no costumes. SCREW THAT! No Costume = No Candy! Well, not really....if I didn't care if my car get egged I'd refuse, but since I do...I fork over the Reese's PB Cup (The king of Halloween candy).

I know....I have no backbone. ;)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Around Milwaukee (where I live) they had trick-or-treating last Sun. afternoon. Where's the fun in that? It wasn't even dark out for Christ's sake! BTW, I ran out of candy and had to go to the store for more.

I don't know what's up with the lack of kids; I took my younger sister out around the neighborhood and I think she was the only kid dressed up and out.
It seems like when I was a kid (which wasn't that long ago, and I still am according to some) there were seas of kids in the streets going door to door and we gave out BAGS of candy.
I left a bowl a Reese's Peanutbutter Cups unattended outside the front door, and after three hours there was only one gone. What is this world coming to?

Yeah, there really are no trick or treaters out tonight. I came home from college to visit my old man for a bit, and there were a whopping three knocks on the door. I think we somehow ended up with more candy than we started with. And what's up with these costumes? I remember my friends and I would make a BIG deal out of costumes, and spend a junkload of money on good masks, makeup, special effects, etc. One little kid came up in a sweatsuit and said he was a cop. Granted, I'm 20, but if I weren't 6'5", I would've hit up the neighbors dressed up in a college guy costume. Heck, the ladies always love a bowl of candy on the coffee table.

I'm afraid things have changed in the last 10 or 15 years (for the worse in many cases). I can remember hearing about people giving out apples and hiding razor blades in them. Back then, the worst thing you had to worry about was having someone give you an apple instead of candy. Also with the rise in child abductions (or at least coverage of them), parents are less inclined to let their kids go out in groups on their own. I can remember being in 4th grade going door to door with my friends. Now many go to the mall on a weekend afternoon to go trick or treating. Tis a sad commentary on our society :(

Latest resources

Back