No straight, white males may teach

ACAFool

Total Time
This has nothing to do with him being white, straight, or a male. He wrote "diversity is perversity". There is absolutely nothing in the article that would make any rational thinking person that he is a victim of discrimination due to his race, gender or being straight. Though there is much to point me to the conclusion that he is an idiot.

Steve Di.

Total Time
Not Sure

Although I agree the man was foolish to write such a comment, this Country is inching closer to a state of social facism. We are using institutions to force certain ideas upon people, and severly punishing them for disagreeing with the popular opinion. Take a look at the reaction to the N.B.A.'s recent rule change that required appropriate dress for players who were on the "side lines". If you want another example, read the reactions by certain "journalists" to calls for immigration reform and border security.

Phaedrus

Total Time
GMT
Language, borders, culture.

Hair-on-Fire

Total Time
Steve Di. said:
this Country is inching closer to a state of social facism. We are using institutions to force certain ideas upon people, .

You mean like non-discrimination and equal opportunity? Oh the humanity!

K-Mart

Total Time
Gotta know which battles are to be fought. Too true when in the academia world. Shutting your mouth isn't giving in to defeat but quite frankly smart. I'm sure this guy will be quite succesful in the teaching world if he refrains. Just my thoughts.

Fins Up

Fly Fast, Live Slow
Total Time
Why is this in "Majors"? How about "Non-aviation related chat"?

kngarthur

Total Time