• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Occam's Razor said:
A Vista Cruiser without pods?

A waste of deck space.

The only reason the DoD bought the A-10 is so the A-6 and S-3 bubbas would have something slower to mock.

(Lemme see...who else can I tweak?)

Oh yeah!

"I still miss my Tomcat"

Ha! I never missed a Tomcat! Watch his wings spread, put the pipper on, and hold it until you're out of tape. Great fun. [Disclaimer: The "D" was another matter]

Oh yeah: USAF guys are bed-wetters; Jet Blue pilots are mouth-breathers; NWA guys are dumpster-divers (hey wait!...that's me!); and SWA's new advertising slogan is "Break Through With Southwest!"

(Did I leave anybody out?)

I only flew the "D".

Did I mention a chic flies in the Thunderbirds?

Last edited:
Bavarian Chef said:
I only flew the "D".

The "D" model was the way the dang thing shoulda come out of the factory from Day 1!

It was a handful to fight, especially if it was light...and was impossible to catch when it bugged.

But it was impossible to lose sight of, had those dandy "energy indicators", and took up too much deck space. I never waved it at the ship, but I heard it performed better than that "A" on the ball.

O.R.

(friend of Bug Roach)

AA took a flock, herd or school of birds into a 767-300 a couple years back out of CDG. I think it was around 12K at 350KTS.

The nose section looked like a FW-190 made a head on gun pass. One bird (red mushy feathers) made it into the cockpit near the Captains kitbag.
Not sure if anyone had hot sauce for the two wings.

Occam's Razor said:
6. The coolest Marine in the movies was played by Jack Nickolson ("A Few Good Men"). The coolest Air Force pilot in the movies was played by Rock Hudson! ("A Gathering Of Eagles")
Actually, the coolest Air Force pilot was Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove.

Bavarian Chef said:
I only flew the "D".

Did I mention a chic flies in the Thunderbirds?
What about that Duke Cunningham thing? Hero pilot to goat. Must have been out to sea too long, or possibly had cumulative brain damage from too many no flare landings.

lowtimedriver said:
What about that Duke Cunningham thing? Hero pilot to goat. Must have been out to sea too long, or possibly had cumulative brain damage from too many no flare landings.

The Duke Cunningham thing is such a shame. He got what he deserved for being crooked. The jury has always been out on him anyway. You cannot knock his 5 kills nor his contribution to NFWS, which in turn increased the kill ratio in Vietnam. But I have heard many who say he was an a$$hole and self-serving. Ha, guess there's your answer right there.

Latest resources

Back