• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No speed restriction below 10000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some airplanes couldn't do more than 250 and get the climb rates they wanted. RJs were getting destroyed my bigger airplanes and it resulted in more spacing issues...

ERJFO said:
Some airplanes couldn't do more than 250 and get the climb rates they wanted. RJs were getting destroyed my bigger airplanes and it resulted in more spacing issues...

WTFO? Were the "bigger" airplanes doing 260?

mmase7 said:
550 in the break aint so bad!

Can a prowler get 550? Or is that called terminal velocity?

Probably faster than that Super Hornet though.

I miss my Tomcat.

ExAF said:
Even wider if you pull like a Marine!:D

Or the piece de resistance: a chic Thunderbird pilot.

Not to ruin the fun or anything but.... the above 250 below 10000 in Canada thing is only on departure and only on departures that do not have a 250 kt restriction listed on the plate. Hope you all aren't blasting into Oh Canada in your civilian jets at 400 knots!

This from the CAR's or Canadian Aviation Regulations.

Airspeed Limitations 602.32 (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall operate an aircraft below 10,000 feet ASL at an indicated airspeed of more than 250 knots.
(2) No person shall operate an aircraft below 3,000 feet AGL within 10 nautical miles of a controlled airport at an indicated airspeed of more than 200 knots unless authorized to do so in an air traffic control clearance.
(3) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (2), a person may operate an aircraft at an indicated airspeed greater than the airspeeds referred to in subsections (1) and (2) where the aircraft is being operated on departure or in accordance with a special flight operations certificate - special aviation event issued pursuant to section 603.02.
(4) Where the minimum safe speed for the flight configuration of an aircraft is greater than the speed referred to in subsection (1) or (2), the aircraft shall be operated at the minimum safe speed.

Scrapdog said:
WTFO? Were the "bigger" airplanes doing 260?

Ahhhh they we're doing 310, getting 2000 fpm...

The RJs were doing 280/290 getting 1000 fpm, thus getting run over.

This resulted in vectors. That is why it did not work out.

Rik717pilot said:
It was great being able to spool the DC9 up to 320 knots at 3,00o' and blast out of Texas... any excuse to get the f*** out of Texas is good!

Rik,

Now that we have your thoughts on Texas, what do you think about the upcoming MLB playoff picture? How about the World Series?;)

XTW

Latest resources

Back