• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No soup for you....says JetBlue....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You said we are mostly matched with Alaska and SWA correct?

Each has language to open up a portion of the contract for what when a new aircraft is added?

You lack the context behind the results and that is simply why you are ignorant.

Go back to dropping f bombs instead of your mythical facts it was entertaining.

Southwest only recently added the 737-800. Alaska recently added the 737-900. Guess what, same pay.

Man you are desperate.

The peer set overrides for larger aircraft in the same family is almost an irrelevant comparison, because every one of those airlines had rates (or lack thereof) which were negotiated. Who knows what the pilots got from the company in exchange for a flat family rate? I sure don't. I do know for sure that we are giving the company a plane with both a CASM advantage and a revenue advantage over the A320, for nothing. We will have more work, more passenger issues, more responsibility, more delays, for no compensation at all. No trading for better compensation/work rules/benefits elsewhere, just more work for identical pay.

This pissing contest is disgraceful. Get over yourselves and focus on the real problem: no CBA.

The peer set overrides for larger aircraft in the same family is almost an irrelevant comparison, because every one of those airlines had rates (or lack thereof) which were negotiated. Who knows what the pilots got from the company in exchange for a flat family rate? I sure don't. I do know for sure that we are giving the company a plane with both a CASM advantage and a revenue advantage over the A320, for nothing. We will have more work, more passenger issues, more responsibility, more delays, for no compensation at all. No trading for better compensation/work rules/benefits elsewhere, just more work for identical pay.

This pissing contest is disgraceful. Get over yourselves and focus on the real problem: no CBA.

I FULLY support using the argument that the additional revenue should be used in part for increasing the JB pilot comp package, just not a 321 only pay rate or 321 only override.

Lots of things. And nothing that disproves anything I said previously, which would be impossible anyway given that you only included ONE airline. Wow, that surely demonstrates the entire industry.

Disproves nothing huh?

I FULLY support using the argument that the additional revenue should be used in part for increasing the JB pilot comp package, just not a 321 only pay rate or 321 only override.

One way or another, a new addendum A will have to be signed before we operate the plane. The only people who have to sign it are pilots who will operate the A321. If you can think of a way to spread the wealth around to everyone, not just those who have to sign it, by all means use your direct relationship and fix this pending abortion while there is still time.

Not that it matters. Enough current A320 pilots will sign anything put in front of them to operate the A321 for no override, no benefit to any pilot. They simply want to avoid making waves/getting on someone's bad side/putting the company's bottom line at risk/etc/etc/etc. The company knows this, so rather than follow through with their own process and their own logic, they will assume quite rightly that they can talk out of both sides of their mouths and not be called on it. Lacking a CBA, we just have to take it.

One way or another, a new addendum A will have to be signed before we operate the plane. The only people who have to sign it are pilots who will operate the A321. If you can think of a way to spread the wealth around to everyone, not just those who have to sign it, by all means use your direct relationship and fix this pending abortion while there is still time.

Not that it matters. Enough current A320 pilots will sign anything put in front of them to operate the A321 for no override, no benefit to any pilot. They simply want to avoid making waves/getting on someone's bad side/putting the company's bottom line at risk/etc/etc/etc. The company knows this, so rather than follow through with their own process and their own logic, they will assume quite rightly that they can talk out of both sides of their mouths and not be called on it. Lacking a CBA, we just have to take it.

Interesting times ahead for JB pilots. I do not have a good feeling about it either.

Latest resources

Back