no-smoking light on SWA flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cobalt

I commute on Southwest quite often (of course ALWAYS a great experience, thanks a million), and I noticed that the no-smoking lights are not used. thought it was maybe just random the first time I saw it, but I saw it for about 3-4 consecutive flights now over the last month or two (maybe I just didn't notice it prior to that).

just curious.... when did this start?

You will also notice that the new decal says that there is life vest under the seat. All the aircraft will be modified with the decal and vests by the end of the year.

Exactly, that's part of the life vest modification we are doing to the aircraft. We deactivate the no smoking system on the aircraft, which is pretty smart since you haven't been able to smoke on a commercial flight for quite some time now.

How many life vests do you think the pax will steal on each flight?? At least they will save a little on light bulbs.

How many life vests do you think the pax will steal on each flight?? At least they will save a little on light bulbs.

That was the problem I was worried about. However, I was assured that the loud POP associated with the opening of the life-vest compartment is enough to attract attention. But they do look good on my boat.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back