no-smoking light on SWA flight

cobalt

Total Time
I commute on Southwest quite often (of course ALWAYS a great experience, thanks a million), and I noticed that the no-smoking lights are not used. thought it was maybe just random the first time I saw it, but I saw it for about 3-4 consecutive flights now over the last month or two (maybe I just didn't notice it prior to that).

just curious.... when did this start?

Chest Rockwell

Total Time
>250
SWA is placing a decal over the no smoking lights. This saves having to replace the light bulbs.

TR4A

Total Time
15000+
You will also notice that the new decal says that there is life vest under the seat. All the aircraft will be modified with the decal and vests by the end of the year.

Cactus-Wrench

Now LUV-Wrench :)
Total Time
Exactly, that's part of the life vest modification we are doing to the aircraft. We deactivate the no smoking system on the aircraft, which is pretty smart since you haven't been able to smoke on a commercial flight for quite some time now.

Farmer

Total Time
How many life vests do you think the pax will steal on each flight?? At least they will save a little on light bulbs.

canyonblue

Everyone loves Southwest
Total Time
15000+
How many life vests do you think the pax will steal on each flight?? At least they will save a little on light bulbs.
That was the problem I was worried about. However, I was assured that the loud POP associated with the opening of the life-vest compartment is enough to attract attention. But they do look good on my boat.:laugh: