No Shave November!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taters

I've been a participant since my college days. Just wondering if facial hair is banned at most regionals.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen an airline pilot with more than a mustache? It has nothing to do with grooming but everything to do with the O2 mask. It won't seal with facial hair.

taters said:
Saw a few burly Eagle pilots on CDO in LNK when I was on the ramp.
Then by all means, follow their lead!

Most companies have professional standards such as hair length, conduct, attire, etc.. many years ago a friend was fined 25 bucks for not wearing his hat while in uniform. I think a lot has to do with the general health of the airline in question. Now days I doubt that cracking down on beards lengths or mustaches are high on the corporate todo lists. On the other hand we are all professionals, well most are, the professional image has always been clean shaven well groomed.

God I'd love to have a no shave november. My prob is my corners of my mouth refuse to grow hair and introduce my mustache to my beard. Hahahahahaha!

You can have a beard at UPS if you get a letter from your doctor saying that you have a certain skin condition and the Chief Pilot's office approves.

exchexflyer said:
Have you ever seen an airline pilot with more than a mustache? It has nothing to do with grooming but everything to do with the O2 mask. It won't seal with facial hair.

Tell Jet Blue, Luftansa, ect that. What a revelation it will be to thier operation when they find that out.

Latest resources

Back