• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

No Shave November!!!

taters

Total Time
I've been a participant since my college days. Just wondering if facial hair is banned at most regionals.

Last edited:

exchexflyer

Total Time
Have you ever seen an airline pilot with more than a mustache? It has nothing to do with grooming but everything to do with the O2 mask. It won't seal with facial hair.

taters

Total Time
Saw a few burly Eagle pilots on CDO in LNK when I was on the ramp.

pilotmyf

Total Time
3:15am
taters said:
Saw a few burly Eagle pilots on CDO in LNK when I was on the ramp.
Then by all means, follow their lead!

stall022

Total Time
Most companies have professional standards such as hair length, conduct, attire, etc.. many years ago a friend was fined 25 bucks for not wearing his hat while in uniform. I think a lot has to do with the general health of the airline in question. Now days I doubt that cracking down on beards lengths or mustaches are high on the corporate todo lists. On the other hand we are all professionals, well most are, the professional image has always been clean shaven well groomed.

RichardRambone

Banned
Total Time
God I'd love to have a no shave november. My prob is my corners of my mouth refuse to grow hair and introduce my mustache to my beard. Hahahahahaha!

WWEfan

One List
Total Time
39 yrs
I'm down with it. When do we start?

FreightNazi

not an ACMI
Total Time
lots
You can have a beard at UPS if you get a letter from your doctor saying that you have a certain skin condition and the Chief Pilot's office approves.

dojetdriver

Total Time
exchexflyer said:
Have you ever seen an airline pilot with more than a mustache? It has nothing to do with grooming but everything to do with the O2 mask. It won't seal with facial hair.

Tell Jet Blue, Luftansa, ect that. What a revelation it will be to thier operation when they find that out.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Captain Overs said:
I think the female FA's should have the same "no facial hair" standard as the rest of us.

HAHAHA!!!:laugh: How true.:beer:

Propsync

Everybody to the limit!
Total Time
5000?
I could get away with a week or two on reserve. The longest I've sat without a call is three weeks. Grew a good beard in that time. I don't think I can make it the whole month, however.

migio

Total Time
10000<
Propsync said:
I could get away with a week or two on reserve. The longest I've sat without a call is three weeks. Grew a good beard in that time. I don't think I can make it the whole month, however.

Tryin to go for that Grizzly Adams look huh prop? How ya been man?

Hugh Jorgan

Total Time
Wish I could talk all them womenz out there to do refrain from shaving the cooch in November (and every other month for that matter). Me likey a little grass on the playing field!

Blowing Sand

Total Time
Enough
Actually, most carriers in the Middle East have no restrictions on beards. Well groomed, they look very professional. Instead of worrying about facial hair, if US managements really cared about a professional image, they would provide uniforms, replacement pieces and cleaning. I'm provided with not only uniforms, but shirts, sweaters, shoes and even socks as well as cleaning. Unfortunately, that cost might cut into a golden parachute.