• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No pressure fatigue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is bogus. Our chief pilots aren't board certified in internal medicine, psychiatry, mental health, or any other field. Yet they will determine if our calling out fatigue is legitimate, therefore you will/will not get paid. This form is entirely a signed confession that the company will use against you when it can. You can bet your rear end if you ever do it more than once you will see a doctor.

This link has the contact info for the ATL FSDO:
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/atl/contact/

This is the major paper in Atlanta's contact information:
http://projects.ajc.com/customercare/contactus/

This should be interesting to watch...

Not a good idea to involve ASAP. ASAP is usually the first casualty when labor/management relations get tense. No sense hastening that process by involving ASAP in pay issues.

If not ASAP, some situation where ALPA has a voice.

I think that with Delta's focus on ASAP, FOQA, and others, the ASAP program will not be going away. If the company were to jettison ASAP, Delta would be on the phone immediately. Not going to happen.

Eat healthy, lots of fruits, never skip breakfast, and always have a 5hr energy avail.

Note that addiction to any substance, including caffeine, is grounds for losing a medical.

IMHO, however, I should not need a '5hr energy' to safely fly an airplane carrying 53 people.

I called in fatigued and they gave me a 19A hearing. I was genuinely fatigued. The CPO has no clue what they're doing. If you're brought in for a 19a prepare for mind games, insinuations that you're dishonest and intimidation. A 19A 'fact finding' has nothing to do with the facts of why you called in fatigued.

I can tell you that RC has multiple personalities or wild blood sugar and you're best avoiding him; he has no clue whats its like being a line pilot who manages fatigue.

Pilots better off calling in sick when they're fatigued. The process is easier and you're sure to get paid.

Wow. Remind me to never call in fatigued no matter how tired I am. That sounds very intimidating.
I just thought of the perfect news guy on tv to do a special investigation into pilot fatigue: Geraldo! Haha.

My friends still at ASA tell me that ASA just put out some of the worst lines ever, that they are basically maxed out next month, and also the company put out a letter saying you'll fly it and like it.

Now they "update" their fatigue policy, and hide it behind the Safety Officer/former base chef pilot? And KS still gets to determine pay? Does anyone else see the irony here? They know they screwed themselves next month, and are turning up the intimidation in advance.

Where is your union?

Latest resources

Back