• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No pressure fatigue calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm on reserve in IAD and not worn at all from the actual flying assignments. Worn out from commuting, but not reserve. I'll gladly take the 90+hrs of credit the ATL 200 reserve guys are getting. Anybody want to switch?

Isn't that because they are TDY'ing all the ATL guys up there to cover the flying and keeping you guys sitting around waiting by the phone? That's the word around the campfire.

I am one of the guys that is back on reserve this month, and I'll tell you what. I am beat from all of the flying. I can't wait for my 3 GDOs just so I can re-energize for the next round of 10 days of flying in 11 days.

It is much more challenging being on reserve than holding a line. For you guys and gals that have been doing it for 2-3 years, I truly understand and appreciate your perspective.

I am on pace for close to 100-hours of credit this month.

Well, I wish some of these really senior people would try it for a month since they think we are just moaning for nothing here.

Trust me, we have no Chief who is near the diks I've dealt with in my career. But that is no excuse. The protocol needs to be a little less confrontational. The best step toward that is to take the pay issue out of it. If a guy is at his base and working, but makes a fatigue call, his pay should not be touched.

That will make having to explain oneself the only sticky part, which we all should be up to.

I've delt with plenty of d!cks too, and KS is way up there.

Please, John. WF? Really? You know who I am, because we had this conversation, so what's up with dragging WF into it? You're so pathetic. Everyone at ASA hates you... maybe you should quit. I'm sorry you screwed up your life so much that you didn't even bother applying at Delta. Some of us moved on. Don't be hatin'.

Grow up kid. You do not speak for the pilot group. I may not agree with him but your the one with the animosity.

I'm on reserve in IAD and not worn at all from the actual flying assignments. Worn out from commuting, but not reserve. I'll gladly take the 90+hrs of credit the ATL 200 reserve guys are getting. Anybody want to switch?

That's because they fly ATL guys up there to do your flying. And of course you'd gladly do 90 hours of flying. You'd fly every single day of the month if you could because you have no life outside of aviation. Get married, have a couple kids, and we'll see how quickly your opinion changes. And if it doesn't, then you're a lost cause and belong in management anyway. In fact, I can get you some kneepads and you can get down to business in KS or RC's office right now.

Use the fatigue call for what it's for. You create your own issues by abusing the policy. If you are truly fatigued then you shouldn't have a problem filling out the forms, but if you call in for other then fatigue issues, well, you deserve what you get. I understand people want to catch the last commute home, or just want to end early, or whatever. Unfortunately, being professional means sucking it up and doing what's right.

Get married, have a couple kids, and we'll see how quickly your opinion changes.

Sucks, but such is life in the regional world. Company doesn't care about your social life. You only have 2 choices-suck it up or quit.

Latest resources

Back