Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Discussions

Dash8 said:
I think that in the 'general' section it should be anything goes (within reason of course) that as aviation proffesionals or enthusiasts, we also have other things to talk about besides stricktly flying/aircraft stuff . . . . there's far too many interesting threads in the general header to forsake them all.
I have put my money where my mouth/keyboard is.

Anything within reason. Pilots are people, too. They talk about other things besides flying. Compare it to a party, lunch, crewroom, lounge, outside public area of your school, whatever. I went to plenty of parties with pilots and heard nary a word about flying. There's a ton of things I've learned from this board that are not flying-related since I joined 2 1/2 years ago. Some of the best discussions I've seen include some of the sports discussions, restaurant discussions and the JFK assasination thread. Just because there is a non-flying thread doesn't mean you have to read it and respond.

It's nice to have choices.

You want me to tally YOUR total hours??

My hours are right there. No bones about it, you have survided a long time in aviation.

A shame none of that effort was exerted on developing a love of God, or a personality.

Timebuilder,

I applaud the efforts by you, Super80 and others to not only defend Biblical Christianity but to show others the error of their beliefs.

If others want these discussions removed from this board because they aren't aviation related then I suggest that all other non aviation threads be removed as well.

Including:

women, alcohol, sports, television programs, politics, cars, just to name a few.

Any one offended can vote with their mouse and not click on the thread.

Your brother in Christ,
NCFlyer

I think that the admin should either disallow non-aviation-related posts or make a new forum section specifically for them. IMHO, they just create too much clutter in the Aviation section.

(Yes, I know I've participated in them, so sue me.)

That's what I can't stand about Christianity. You think you're always right and everybody else in the world is wrong. This is one of the many reasons why Arabs hate us.

I donated money. Does that give me more say than the next guy? No. Here is my opinion: This is a free board. Anybody can post. I donated because I have used this board not only as entertainment but also as a resource. It's just something that I felt I should do. As for topics...anything goes under general. If you don't want to be "converted", don't read the thread. If you don't like polls, don't vote on them, etc. Part of what makes this board so much fun is that it isn't all aviation related...you never know what you will see on here next. I think that it's great that there are so many subsections to place posts in because it's a great way to weed out the "general" discussion from the "corporate, regional, etc" discussions.

it's very liberal of you to post two or three times a week about communal support for the board and how unfair it is that you're unemployed

Now Vlad, when did I EVER say that it was unfair that I was unemployed?

I think I said it was a blessing, which is allowing me to go back to a job that has a much greater potential for satisfaction, and can let me fly when I want to.

I have to agree, Bobby, this board is of interest because of the varying opinions, the bellicose ramblings of people hurling insults and speaking out of political or spiritual ignorance, the ones who want to call some one a "geek" without having a clue, all of that is what makes this place interesting.

Take all that away, and you have another RJDC discussion.

Keep it all! If this board had no variety it would be boring, and in no time people would stop visiting. If a thread doesn't interest you then don't read it and for goodness sake don't post to it.

ps: it is possible to donate and remain anonymous.

Latest resources

Back