• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO new classes in '09 for SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Different airlines, different time, but UAL dumped their pool in 2003. They had a few hundred waiting for classes. Probably because with 1000 plus on furlough, it was very evident no one was leaving the pool. The sad thing is when UAL started hiring again recently, those previously in the pool were treated like the never had been hired. Have a friend who was told he had to re-apply.

I think this is a temporary lull in growth for SWA for obvious reasons.

Good luck to all.

you might want to educate yourself before you post....United even had on their application a place to put if you had been hired before...and everyone that I know that was in the pool and did reapply GOT HIRED. THEY EVEN GOT LETTERS SENT TO THEIR ADDRESS ASKING THEM TO APPLY. Unless they did something stupid, pool guys got hired. We had 3 in our class. It had been 5+ years....filling out a new application was really not a big deal.

you might want to educate yourself before you post....United even had on their application a place to put if you had been hired before...and everyone that I know that was in the pool and did reapply GOT HIRED. THEY EVEN GOT LETTERS SENT TO THEIR ADDRESS ASKING THEM TO APPLY. Unless they did something stupid, pool guys got hired. We had 3 in our class. It had been 5+ years....filling out a new application was really not a big deal.

You might want to get some more education yourself sir. I was one of the poolies flushed in 2003, after getting the acceptance letter in October 2000. I never received any letter asking me to reapply. My address remained the same throughout.

You might want to get some more education yourself sir. I was one of the poolies flushed in 2003, after getting the acceptance letter in October 2000. I never received any letter asking me to reapply. My address remained the same throughout.

Well I guess you suck then!

Pretty much all airlines flush the pool after a long period of time, its happened to me twice.

Well I guess you suck then!

Guess again Bob. Something sucks, but it's not the applicants or the pilots who have been furloughed twice.

Just got the email from the People Dept. that they aren't expecting any new hire classes this year at SWA. What a bummer!

Also said that after 18 months in the pool you are subject to re-interview or new background checks..

Good luck everyone...

Remember "SUBJECT TO". If you ask me probably a lawyer got his hands on the process and wanted some protection form a lawsuit. When I went through I was told to expect a class date in 3-4 months and 3 days later I had a class date in two weeks. Last year (2007) the company told us that we would grow by roughly 4 airplanes, in the end we grew by I think 14 airplanes. What I'm trying to tell you is with SWA you never know. I wouldn't put anything past them.

To throw a little fuel on the fire, I had a friend that just finished upgrade in Dallas and he told me that we have added one new sim and they are adding another one. People will say it is to transition to RNP but he asked the instructors down there and they all said that they didn't think we needed more sims just for RNP.

dang, i guess i will keep trying to get on with swa..

Thats the way i look at ... the tough just get going harder right....? Miss LL I'm just a phone call away! :)
Next year, five years from now , 10 it don't matter.

Latest resources

Back