• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No more regs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fair tax eliminates business taxes all together. I don't see how that hurts private aviation at all. It saves business millions by simply eliminating the cost of compliance.

It saves business millions by simply eliminating the cost of compliance.

By putting thousands of lawyers out of business that currently spend their time navigating thousands of pages of the tax code seeking ways for their clients to legally avoid taxes.

And there are a few hundred LAWYERS in the House and Senate. And one in the White House.

Yeah, that could happen.

I think this will slip by without new regulations.

Not a terrorism issue, just a sad American who was pissed off at the IRS.

And, who isn't?

Hung

TSA is going to have a field day at every little uncontroller airport.. I hear the FAA is looking at a Physic evaluation to be added to the flight medicals.. and of course more fees...

This guy was a lunatic, far from the normal average GA pilot.. he has done alot of harm to all of us in aviation, it's coming..

Let's take a cold hard look at terrorism and GA. How many acts have there been? I can think of three. There was some idiot who rolled a piper product into a ball on the whitehouse lawn many years ago, there was that poor kid who wrecked a desk in a Miami highrise about five years back, and this most recent numbskull. And I think that is about it. All pilots must maintain a medical, be properly licensed, and in almost all instances have to depart from a runway with a fence around it. (yes, I know, the security is almost non-existent.)
Now, lets look at white paneled vans. The first attack on the World Trade Center was conducted with a white paneled van. The J. P. Murrah Building was blown up with a white paneled van. Both of these acts caused far, far more damage and loss of life.
The conclusion is clear; all operators of white paneled vans should have background checks, should hold a medical, and should only be allowed to park their vehicles in secure facilities. Regulating white paneled van could prevent future catastrophes, and allow our fellow americans to sleep easier at night. I would like to propose a new agency to manage white paneled vans called WIVES, or White Vans Emergency Security.

Waco,

You make a very strong point... it is a big problem... but your whole premise is based on the governement using common sense....

No one down here at the Kennedy Space center thought Obama would completely cancel manned space programs either.. !

Rest assured that as we banter here, a cubicle worker bee on Independence Avenue, DC, has been assigned to generate some "FAA response", and fill up their resume for the next step climb up the GS-pay ladder. To be fair to the FAA, they usually try and pre-empt even more ludicrous legislation proposed by Congressional grandstanders.... nonetheless I am sure some new silly and useless rule will eventually come out of this. (PS hear hear for the fairtax.)

Latest resources

Back