No More Hats at ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falconjet said:
My personal opinion is that the flying public really couldn't care less about whether you are wearing a hat or not.

And they say that ours is a country divided!

FJ
Truer words have not been spoken. At least here on the forum.

Just like the flying public does not care that the RJ F/O's could be on welfare. They don;t care ebout the hats. All the public cares about is getting from point A, to point B, safely.

While I might be proud to be an "Airline Pilot" I choose not to look like a dork by wearing the outdated uniform equipment. I'm former military also. Even in the Army, hats were preffered not to be worn on the flight line, and defenitely not indoors, such as an airport terminal, unless you were carrying arms.

Garf said:
The hat is part of the Airline Uniform.
It's not part of ours anymore.
Very few pilots knew how to buy the correct size and wear the hat correctly anyway. It is beter now the thing has been laid to rest. RIP hat.

The lawyer who wears the expensive suit exudes confidence, style, and professionalism. He does not wear a hat.

The doorman in my girlfriends building who looks as if he spent the entire week sleeping in his uniform (with three stripes on the sleeve I might add) does.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
What is this backlash about guys that want to wear hats are ego maniacs or on a power trip? The hat is a pain to wear but it is also a symbol. Are the anti hat group embarrassed to be pilots? Anyone with a pysc degree?

Give me a good reason not to wear the hats besides

I hate, burned it, pissed on it....
FOD bait
I dont wear my hat because my airport car leaks oil from time to time and it works perfectly for catching those pesky oil drips so I dont dirty the driveway.

nimtz said:
). Now I can finally wear some product in my hair when I go to work.
People actually say that? I thought that was just a joke when I saw that once
in a tv show. You dont by chance know the Crab People do you?

414Flyer said:
People actually say that? I thought that was just a joke when I saw that once
in a tv show. You dont by chance know the Crab People do you?
Whatever I'm so totally gayer then you are Kyle!

What's gay is that this thread, as I figured it would, has gone on for six pages...

someone post a poll for hat or no hat see where we land. I say F^^k the hat.

surplus1 said:
I have a dumb question. Instead of fighting over your hats, why don't you tell us the status of your new TA?

Did you vote on it? When will you vote on it?

PS. All you anti-uniform guys should just go down to AF and buy some cargo shorts, a wrinkled shirt with a smutty jargon and a pair of flip flops. Then go hope your pax will accept your command presence should you ever have the need.

Maybe it would be a good idea for the President to appear on TV in a 10-gallon hat, a buckskin shirt, jeans and cowboy boots. Judges should come to court with open collars and cutoffs; no reason for those stupid old fashioned robes.
How's it going surplus? As far as the contract goes we will know in less than a week as to the final vote. My vote is a big fat no. It is a giant step backwards as far as hard pay, less than you guys and duration of the contract. The union and ALPA are using scare tactics into getting people to vote yes. Basically saying that we will never be released under Bush and that is what it will take to do any better, so we better lock in the slight gains now and live with it.

As far as the uniform goes I like you're idea. Cargo shorts and flip flops for me. I stay locked up in the front anyway. It's not my responsibility for what I'm getting paid.

RubberDuck said:
someone post a poll for hat or no hat see where we land. I say F^^k the hat.
Perhaps I got it figured out....

Pay a pilot 300K to fly big jets, with defined benefit plan, great healthcare, bennies, etc.. and he will wear a 17th century ship hat with feathers in it and you can call him a Clipper Capt....or whatever you want....

Lay the pilot off, destroy his career expectations, put him debt, get him a divorce and he'll take that airline hat, light it on fire and throw it freesbie style into the nearest dumpster......

Latest resources

Back