• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No More Hats at ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with the posters who feel that the public's perception of our professionalism is important. What I disagree with is their contention that the goofy looking hat on top of your head makes you look more professional to anybody, let alone the flying public. I wore a military hat correctly for quite a while, I can tell when a hat is being worn in a "professional manner". Most guys you see at the airport with the hat on usually have it on in what I would consider an "unprofessional manner".

You can look professional in your uniform without a hat. Lawyers in nice suits rarely wear a hat. In fact, I don't ever think I've seen a lawyer on TV indoors wearing a hat. A skull cap and face mask for the doctor in the operating room, but they don't normally wear one in their office while discussing issues with a patient. As a member of the travelling public I would much rather see a neatly dressed pilot without a hat walk up the jetway than some slob with the hat perched on his head like Opie and his tie undone.

Oh oh, don't even get me started on the ties!

FJ

Latest resources

Back