• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No more excuses= up your pay!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The looming recession will probably last through 2009. The recession that started in late 1980 lasted until the end of 1982. It was the worst recession since The Great Depression. By 1983 unemployment was down to 3% and corporate earnings were up almost 30%. This recession will pass like all others and by 2010 we will see a new and impoved economy. With a labor friendly administration, an improving economy, and lower energy prices in 2010, I think we have a chance to get some back. A legacy FO should make 150K and a Captain should make 225K. Also, the new DB plans should be getting 20% from the company so we can retire and not be forced to work at Wal-Mart. I'd be happy with that.

For seven years after 9/11 i've seen excuse after excuse - and delay after delay.

I've seen management steal pensions and concessions worth millions to each of us, w/ barely a fight- and line their own pockets.
I've seen senior legacy pilots vote to furlough junior pilots while at the same time outsource their job.

It is time for Legacy carriers to stop cutting the legs out from under this industry- get their pay and work rules back up- and find a meaningful solution to the scope problem.

What progress is going on right now?
Who is working on what?

This is just unacceptable- how long will this pilot recession last?
It is embarrasing. And for many of our peers-= it is an extremely difficult hardship.

Instead of getting on flightinfo and acting like a hard ass go to your BOSS and tell him how you really feel. And tell him all this BS you just typed. Puss :beer:

You're crazy dude. Wake up and smell the reality. There are thousands of guys who are not in the airlines that could fly the planes just as safely and efficiently as the fat, lazy, 50-something baby boomers doing it now.

Yes our profession takes years of training and a lot of sacrifice. But so does nursing and you won't see RNs making the ridiculous wages we make. Any Capt that thinks he deserves the 300k he makes at UPS/FDX or the 200k at the pax carriers is crazy.

Don't get me wrong--I'll take the wages. I just don't have any illusions about how much I deserve to be paid. First year FO pay should be around 75k and top capt pay should be no more than 150! I'm a 4th year FO and I make a lot more than a lot of doctors!!

Finally someone that doesn't sounds like a retard. You my friend have you feet on the ground. I completely agree with you.
It takes Doctors YEARS of school and training and even then they will make less than us for years. It takes a retard and 100K in Debt to become a pilot. I hate to brake it to you.

I agree completely with Lil J Seinfeld regarding our pay. Max pay for an airline pilot capt should not exceed 150K and FO pay shouldn't top 100K. We are raping our companies for anything more.

Just like your CEO, we get paid what we negotiate. Do you think those guys were just handed their million dollar golden parachutes?

Talk about a poor opening position..."It takes a retard and 100K in Debt to become a pilot. I hate to brake it to you."

The more you repeat it the more the public will actually believe it. Do they want Joe the Plumber piloting that crippled DC10 into Sioux City? Give yourself a little credit.

You go first......

We are on the edge of a global depression and you actually think we are going to turn back the clock to pre-deregulation contracts?

So are you suggesting that we continue to let our pay slide? The oncoming global depression doesn't seem to be hurting the wages of management, or doctors and lawyers for that matter. Why are we different? Why shouldn't they share in the pain?

People like you and liljerry are pathetic! You are managements wetdream. You people have no respect for yourselves and cave at everything management demands. When will people like you start asking yourselves why you think management deserves the excesses they get all the while demanding more from us for less.

Last edited:
I agree completely with Lil J Seinfeld regarding our pay. Max pay for an airline pilot capt should not exceed 150K and FO pay shouldn't top 100K. We are raping our companies for anything more.

Well if that is true, then I guess management is not only raping, but also torturing, murdering, then dismembering the companies in addition to our mere rape. Would you not agree?

Latest resources

Back