No more excuses= up your pay!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waveflyer

For seven years after 9/11 i've seen excuse after excuse - and delay after delay.

I've seen management steal pensions and concessions worth millions to each of us, w/ barely a fight- and line their own pockets.
I've seen senior legacy pilots vote to furlough junior pilots while at the same time outsource their job.

It is time for Legacy carriers to stop cutting the legs out from under this industry- get their pay and work rules back up- and find a meaningful solution to the scope problem.

What progress is going on right now?
Who is working on what?

This is just unacceptable- how long will this pilot recession last?
It is embarrasing. And for many of our peers-= it is an extremely difficult hardship.

Last edited:
You're crazy dude. Wake up and smell the reality. There are thousands of guys who are not in the airlines that could fly the planes just as safely and efficiently as the fat, lazy, 50-something baby boomers doing it now.

Yes our profession takes years of training and a lot of sacrifice. But so does nursing and you won't see RNs making the ridiculous wages we make. Any Capt that thinks he deserves the 300k he makes at UPS/FDX or the 200k at the pax carriers is crazy.

Don't get me wrong--I'll take the wages. I just don't have any illusions about how much I deserve to be paid. First year FO pay should be around 75k and top capt pay should be no more than 150! I'm a 4th year FO and I make a lot more than a lot of doctors!!

As much as I hope the airline profession regains its luster...good luck "taking it back" during a global recession.

For seven years after 9/11 i've seen excuse after excuse - and delay after delay.

I've seen management steal pensions and concessions worth millions to each of us, w/ barely a fight- and line their own pockets.
I've seen senior legacy pilots vote to furlough junior pilots while at the same time outsource their job.

It is time for Legacy carriers to stop cutting the legs out from under this industry- get their pay and work rules back up- and find a meaningful solution to the scope problem.

Who is working on what?

It is embarrasing. And for many of our peers-= it is an extremely difficult hardship.

You go first......

We are on the edge of a global depression and you actually think we are going to turn back the clock to pre-deregulation contracts?

You go first......

We are on the edge of a global depression and you actually think we are going to turn back the clock to pre-deregulation contracts?

For once you write something worth responding positively to!
I agree. Most of the airlines will be lucky to survive in this environment.

Who is working on what?

There is a new, presumably more labor friendly, administration taking over in a few months, which should make it easier to negotiate. The other factor is the economy. Until airlines start making a little money it doesn't matter what the political atmosphere is.

My guess is better contracts are coming, but probably not in 2009.

Latest resources

Back