No more certificates for non citizens

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wiggums

I just heard this morning from the FDSO that starting immediately non US citizens will not be able to receive any pilot certificates. Anyone here any details about this or know what is going on?

Last edited:
I think they will receive certificates only if they enter the country legaly, and would have a "not authorized for work in the US" on it
until they show proof of legal residence.

Why should a non-citizen get a certificate anyway? Let them become a citizen first then we will see about giving them one.

Because I can get a JAA liscense if I'd like...

It can't be a one way street bro.

Of course, it makes sense that they'd have to enter the country legally, and it would probably make sense to require some sort of a background check...

Dan

You may be able to get a JAA or CAA certs. However, getting a job in Europe is near to impossible for American Pilots. Its not a 2 way situation by any means.

Thats interesting Dieterley, hope you havent misconstrued anything I said, but yes it would be easier for an American to get a job in Asia than in Europe, especially if you have "heavy" time, as this is the area where the expansion will be in the next five years or so.

sparticusflt said:
You may be able to get a JAA or CAA certs. However, getting a job in Europe is near to impossible for American Pilots. Its not a 2 way situation by any means.

Getting a job in Europe is tough for a European pilot as well. Very limited vacancies and not much hiring with pilots keeping whatever flying job they have. It is not possible to work as a pilot here in the USA unless you have either a "green card" or are a citizen.

We don't want them dern ferners here noways!!

Seriously though, they should learn to fly in their own countries.

:) :)

Latest resources

Back