No more certificates for non citizens

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote from FAA

Here's what us local Aviation Safety Counselors got from the Orlando FSDO today:

> Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 9:28 AM
> Subject: Re: URGENT ACTION
>
> NOTICE TO ALL FLIGHT STANDARDS DIVISION MANAGERS
>
>
> In an effort to enhance aviation safety, the FAA must temporarily
> suspend, effective immediately, the issuance of private pilot
> certificates issued on the basis of a foreign pilot license under 14
Code
> of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) section 61.75.
>
> Therefore, division managers are requested to immediately notify the
> managers of their Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO) and
advise
> them they must temporarily cease issuing 14 CFR section 61.75 pilot
> certificates. In addition, the guidance contained in FAA Order
> General Aviation Operations Inspector?s Handbook, chapter 29, is
> currently under revision. AFS-760 and AFS-800 are in the process of
> drafting a Notice to reflect a new process for issuing private pilot
> certificates under section 61.75. The Notice will supersede chapter
> of FAA Order 8700.1, and will contain detailed guidance to the FSDO
work
> force on the new process to use when issuing 14 CFR section 61.75
private
> pilot certificates.
>
>
> ***************************************
> John M. Wensel
> Manager, Certification Branch
> AFS-840
> ***************************************

As I see it, this keeps someone from coming over here and converting a license they already posess from another (ICAO?) country. The ole' quick-n-dirty gimme a license so I can rent a C-172 light bomber routine! People in-country legally and with verifiable backgrounds are still free to enjoy some of the best and cheapest flight trianing in the world.

Hello,

I am a european citizen, but, married for a long time to an american girl.
I did my flight training in de states, and worked my first commercial hours in de US.
I tried to get to a better job in de usa, but never had an interview
No problem, We went back to europe got the local license, and a job straight away.
To my surprise half of the pilots a flew with were americans, flying in europe and no citizenship. and no problems with the license conversion for them
After 3 years I left to go fly in Asia, where I am today, and there are also americans flying around in this airline. but we are al in the same boat as expats. and had to do the
same conversions they from FAA, me from JAA
after working on 3 continents, and with multiple nationalities it does not matter to me anymore, I am a foreigner working for a
asian airline. And the people here accept me as one of them,

But,
I can understand peoples feelings, foreigners taking their jobs, and futures.

from my own experience.
it is harder to get a job in the states, as a "foreigner', then for an american to get a job outside the states.
the pilots working outsice the states usually have a lot af time and experience so the get the jobs.

ps, pls, if you like to complain about my spelling feel free, I am used to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................pizzzzzzzzzaaa

I hope some of the idiots who say get rid of all foreign pilots in the US watch CNN every now and then. I'm a UK citizen (that means Great Britain, for those of you who are clueless), I have lived in the states for 13 years, payed all my taxes, signed up for your draft etc,etc. If you do watch CNN you see Royal Marines, The Royal Navy and the RAF have all been involved in Afganistan, infact the first troops on the ground after 911 were Special Air Service (SAS, British troops), during the shoot out at that prison outside Kabul, it was a British SBS officer who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honour, for saving CIA operatives lives. I wonder if you relize that on 911 no attacks took place on Britain, yet we are there fighting beside you. Have some respect for the dirty forgeiners,(that you want denied the right to move here and live here),that lay their lives down for your country, and try gorwning up.
(PS. the largest population of US citizens living outside of the US are in Great Britain, over one million of you, it would be a shame to have to kick them out (that is one in ever 55 people in the UK are American))

Just heard that all FAA foreign based licences are void now. I am talking of people who have a private pilots licence based off another counties.

To obtain a FAA private pilots licence you will have to do the written, flight test and meet all the standards. It doesn't matter as far as I know if you are a ATP from another country you still have to do the written, flight test and meet the requirments.

I was talking to a person who is two flight's away from getting his commerical pilots licence. He now has to do his private pilots written, flight test and then he can do his commercial ride. He is one of the foreign people that came over here to do his flying as his country is too expense to do training.

One thing is that many people got their FAA licences not to work in the US but it was a requiement for working in other countries. As for the notion that these pilots are taking away jobs away from us, it is not correct. To work in the US you have to be an citizen by birth or parents or have a green card. If you don't have these you won't even get an interview.

cmrflyer said:
I hope some of the idiots who say get rid of all foreign pilots in the US watch CNN every now and then. I'm a UK citizen (that means Great Britain, for those of you who are clueless), I have lived in the states for 13 years, payed all my taxes, signed up for your draft etc,etc. If you do watch CNN you see Royal Marines, The Royal Navy and the RAF have all been involved in Afganistan, infact the first troops on the ground after 911 were Special Air Service (SAS, British troops), during the shoot out at that prison outside Kabul, it was a British SBS officer who was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honour, for saving CIA operatives lives. I wonder if you relize that on 911 no attacks took place on Britain, yet we are there fighting beside you. Have some respect for the dirty forgeiners,(that you want denied the right to move here and live here),that lay their lives down for your country, and try gorwning up.
(PS. the largest population of US citizens living outside of the US are in Great Britain, over one million of you, it would be a shame to have to kick them out (that is one in ever 55 people in the UK are American))

And not forgetting the US owned companies that reside in the UK, the military bases that are there. It's a two way street that benefits both sides.

Latest resources

Back