• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No jumpseaters in EMB120

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's not really accurate. SkyWest has been taking Delta pilots in the actual jumpseat on Delta Connection flights, and United (or United Express carrier) pilots on United Express flights.

27, i dont know what kind of crack you are smoking, but i think I need some! Why is this concept so difficult to understand??? Pre 9-11: Unlimited j/s including the actual. Offline pilots allowed to sit in actual j/s. Post 9-11: unlimited j/s. Online pilots only allowed in actual. Out of UAX cities UAL pilots allowed in actual. In DLC cities, DAL pilots allowed in actual. Now: NO ONE is allowed in the actual. Will still accept unlimited offline pilots if seat available in the back.

How long is this stupid restriction of offline pilots sitting in the actual going to be imposed by the FAA??? At least now i dont always have to go thru security when I go to work!!! Does the FAA actually trust me to fly my plane now????

Fly safe!

Flying Sig:

At ASA, any open seat is a jumpseat - but you are probably better off using a pass. For one thing the gate agents are still confused on the J/S policy and tend to say "no" when they are unsure of the correct answer.

The policy in the RJ is to allow Delta pilots in the jumpseat if the cabin is full. This is kind of disappointing because it would be fun to have you on the J/S for a leg, or two.

The Delta scope treats E120's the same as CRJ700's. When the block hour limitations are reached the E120's will disappear fast. Cities like VLD, SPS, ILE and others will lose service. Cities like ROA, CRW, HOU and LEX will have the number of flights reduced due to the extra capacity the RJ provides.

In any event, welcome aboard while we still have service to whatever city you commute from.

Regards,
~~~^~~~

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been on vacation for while and didn't hear of any changes. Are we at ASA not taking ANY jumpseaters on the E120 in the cockpit anymore?

~~~^~~~ said:
The Delta scope treats E120's the same as CRJ700's. When the block hour limitations are reached the E120's will disappear fast. Cities like VLD, SPS, ILE and others will lose service. Cities like ROA, CRW, HOU and LEX will have the number of flights reduced due to the extra capacity the RJ provides.

In any event, welcome aboard while we still have service to whatever city you commute from.

Regards,
~~~^~~~

Your skill in hijacking every post into a scope debate truly amazes me.
If you want to debate scope and all that, we will, but I ask you to keep it in the appropriate threads.
Ifly4food

Actually, on my personal commute (IAH-DFW), ASA has doubled EMB service .... (ok from 1 flight to 2...but that's still doubling!) , while that other scope issue has creeped in with SkyWest completly replacing all Comair flights...

This is kind of disappointing because it would be fun to have you on the J/S for a leg, or two.

My offer still stands to discuss "the issues" over a beer anytime...

Your skill in hijacking every post into a scope debate truly amazes me.
If you want to debate scope and all that, we will, but I ask you to keep it in the appropriate threads.

IFF,

Cut the guy some slack...actually, I'm very impressed he got through a whole post without using the term alter-ego! ;)

Flying Sig: I'll buy the beer... of course it would have to be an alter ego brand like Modelo instead of Dos Equis. It would be fun, although I am in ATL now.

Best Regards,
~~~^~~~

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
For some reason the moderator is not so "moderate" as far as I am concerned. We will see what happens, but I think he is afraid I'm giving you too hard a time.

I don't think asking you to keep the threads on topic it too much to ask. Cheap shot about my "moderation" not necessary.

Latest resources

Back