• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Jumpseat at Virgin America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not for me. Besides loser the first year pay at swa more then makes up for the cost of a type rating compared to 1st year pay anywhere else. What an idiot pft...get a new one. Or is that the best your little brain could come up with? Like we havent all seen that before. Lets look at the VA payscale to SWA and see if the type doesnt pay for itself. How about the pay while in training lets look at that also?

Last edited:
Not for me. Besides loser the first year pay at swa more then makes up for the cost of a type rating compared to 1st year pay anywhere else. What an idiot pft...get a new one. Or is that the best your little brain could come up with? Like we havent all seen that before. Lets look at the VA payscale to SWA and see if the type doesnt pay for itself. How about the pay while in training lets look at that also?

Never said I worked for Va.
I enjoy watching you spew all your hostility. Such an angry little boy.

Umm AA717 I dont fly a lear anymore. I fly a 737 for a certain company out of Dallas.

Would that be the Dallas company that doesn't even have a first class to offer? Or the other one?

Don't worry about not getting on if the only seat open is in first. I haven't seen an empty FC seat on any flight yet. BTW, you will love our main cabin. Welcome aboard, set up your playlist, plug in your laptop charger and tap the screen to order a snack or a soda.

No need to call resv, just show up at the gate, fill out the form and do the CASS check. If there is an open seat we can give out you are on. Even took a UAL guy to SFO last week and welcomed him aboard.

We are all just trying to get to work and home regardless of the politics some like to play.

No thanks Ralph I dont commute, but thanks for the offer. The product sounds great. Its just to bad they couldnt afford to pay you guys what you are worth. Not to mention it is to bad the anitrust laws didnt prevent RB from starting his little illegal airline in the first place. He must have greased the right palms thats for sure.

Well Vixin, if you ever need a ride you and any other pilots will be welcome. You are lucky to live in base so enjoy the home time and the easy drive in to work. Not everyone is so lucky.

As great as the IFE is, my personal fav is the ability to keep my toys charged. We think the road warriors will like being able to polish their proposals all the way across the country without running out of juice.

The pay will get better or they will begin to lose drivers. Simple supply & demand economics will work that out. I agree with you it is low, but remember not all of us are 30 years old. I would prefer to work for an established carrier but couldn't afford first year pay and no medical for my family like CAL offers. SWA and CAL are great places but aren't looking for guys like me (old, high time) and their recruiting shows it. I would have preferred my old carrier to stay in business but can't live in the past.

Illegal airline? This place went through the DOT ringer like no other company before it ever has. The finances were reworked to strictly comply with the 25% rule, and the 25% Branson owns is in a blind trust. It complies with the letter of the law and was reviewed and fought over by the legal arms of CAL, DAL, AAL, UAL and others. Rest assured we work under the same FARs and RLA rules as you do and are having no trouble finding high time experienced pilots.

Will this place be a good place to work for? Time will tell. So far so good. A few mis steps but each one debated openly and resolved. Will we seek a collective bargaining agreement? Who knows, stay tuned.

Latest resources

Back