No iPads coming to XJET.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grumpy Old Men Version 2.

I could care less about iPads as long as we can get Airside ship sets.

So if you could care less then you must care. What will get you to the point where you COULDN'T CARE LESS?

SkyWest inc., wont do anything unless the "rate of return" is around 18 months... The EFB SkyWest was looking at was. 3 year "r or r" they cut out the FA's pad and that brought it down to 2 years... Still no go. So airside was bought...they said it was about a 1 year "r of r".. Ipads wil come. As soon as 80% of other airlines have them and work out the bugs. And at that point it will make it worth it..

I think a hybrid is what is coming. Pilots can choose to carry plates or a personal mobile device....approved by the company/FAA, ie ipad only. Cost for Jepps will go down since a lot of pilots will choose not to use them so subscription will be less. No cost for the company on tablets since it would be personally owed. So it will be a choice. Pay to play basically. As long as IT get enough security in the system to make them happy, and agree, that is what I see happening. Wait for the Windows tablets in the fall too. IT departments love Windows since it requires little change to servers since almost everything they use runs on a Windows platform.

Wait for the Windows tablets in the fall too. IT departments love Windows since it requires little change to servers since almost everything they use runs on a Windows platform.

I can't wait to get a BSOD on my Windows tablet while trying to do a missed approach in the mountains.

Wait for the Windows tablets in the fall too. IT departments love Windows since it requires little change to servers since almost everything they use runs on a Windows platform.

Just what I want... A 2-inch-thick tablet with a 90-minute battery life, running the world's least stable OS. I'll pass.

Cost for Jepps will go down since a lot of pilots will choose not to use them so subscription will be less.

Nope, see above. Less paper subscriptions just means that Jepp makes up for it in the pricing for the electronic versions. Again, Jepp isn't going to slit their throats.

Whats the source? I missed the last Jetstream if that was it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back