• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No iPads coming to XJET.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One thing has nothing to do with the other!!! What does jepp care if we use paper or reader?

They certainly care if SkyWest, Inc was looking at a different chart vendor for the iPads (I've heard they were). Potentially losing a contract for 7500 customers would get Jeppessen's attention. However, I think the biggest problem is that the SkyWest board doesn't want to make the big initial investment while they are losing money, even if it would be cheaper in the long run.

Didn't SH say the airside shipsets were cheaper for Skywest than Expressjet due to the shipping costs?

With the ERJ going through Denver as much as it is I would imagine they are going to reevaluate the product once Expressjet returns to profitability.

They certainly care if SkyWest, Inc was looking at a different chart vendor for the iPads (I've heard they were). Potentially losing a contract for 7500 customers would get Jeppessen's attention. However, I think the biggest problem is that the SkyWest board doesn't want to make the big initial investment while they are losing money, even if it would be cheaper in the long run.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!

Ship sets are fine as long as all manuals are included so I can just keep my copies electronically to avoid back and shoulder issues and manual updates.

Grumpy Old Men Version 2.

I could care less about iPads as long as we can get Airside ship sets.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back injury, OJI. Worked like magic!

Doesn't look like ship sets are in the works, either. Something about shipping costs.

Keep hoisting....

How about they convert that next performance plus bonus into a tablet that we get to keep and use in lieu of paper plates, not that I want to eat off it?

I'm not sure how the fee structure is set up, but obviously someone would be saving BIG $$$ by eliminating massive printing costs, thousands of pounds of paper, and associated massive shipping costs.

The cost of all that crap is passed on to the consumer. In this case, the airline. Do you think that Jepp is going to slit their own throats by charging LESS for electronic? NOPE, they don't. The pricing structure is the SAME, if not more for electronic.

The cost savings incentive for the company is in the OJi spectrum.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back